What's new

Petition. Keep CBD on the market as a food supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that's entirely accurate. The psychoactive compound in CBD, as with cannabis, is tetrahydrocannibinol. And the thc level in commercially available CBD oil has to be below 0.2% making it negligible. That is the very reason that it is legal in the UK and allowed to be sold as a food supplement.
CBD is a known antagonist of various canabinoid receptors in the brain. Psychoactive May have been the wrong word to use but It’s certainly a bio-active compound.
Perhaps more pertinent to this discussion is it’s suspected seretonin agonism at certain receptor sites. This means interactions with various anti-deppresents are likely and potentially harmful. I stand by the assertion that to classify CBD merely as a supplement, before its fully understood l, is potentially harmful.

Gonna upset a few people here. This should be properly regulsted not left to vendor's. If i buy a specific concentration, it should be identical wherever I buy it.
Leave it unregulated and vermin ripoff vendors will destroy it.

CBD is a known antagonist of various canabinoid receptors in the brain. Psychoactive May have been the wrong word to use but It’s certainly a bio-active compound.
Perhaps more pertinent to this discussion is it’s suspected seretonin agonism at certain receptor sites. This means interactions with various anti-deppresents are likely and potentially harmful. I stand by the assertion that to classify CBD merely as a supplement, before its fully understood l, is potentially harmful.
I don't necessarily disagree with any of that or your stance that it should be regulated. I was just pointing out that commercial cbd sold in the UK can't really be described as psychoactive as the psychoactive compound has to be below 0.2% making it negligible.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that or your stance that it should be regulated. I was just pointing out that commercial cbd sold in the UK can't really be described as psychoactive as the psychoactive compound has to be below 0.2% making it negligible.
Doesn't the fact its concentration is so low, actually compound the necessity of proper regulation?

Doesn't the fact its concentration is so low, actually compound the necessity of proper regulation?
The 0.2% referenced by mitz refers to THC.
Although I’d question the truth of this statement as THC is a class B drug, regardless of concentration.

The 0.2% referenced by mitz refers to THC.
Although I’d question the truth of this statement as THC is a class B drug, regardless of concentration.
You can question it but it doesn't change it as a fact.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44534861

Many reputable cbd suppliers provide the chemical composition of their products. They are often available in graph form either on their website or by request.

As mentioned, I am referring to the THC level in CBD oil. Cannabis is illegal in the UK because it is a psychoactive substance. The psychoactive compound is tetrahydrocannibinol. Commercial CBD oil sold in the UK cannot contain more the 0.2% THC.

The concentration of the other cannibinoid compounds vary greatly from product to product and can be purchased in varying strengths at varying cost. The higher the concentration the higher the cost.

Regardless of the strength of the other cannibinoid compounds, all UK sold CBD cannot contain more than 0.2% THC. Such a small amount of THC means the product is not psychoactive. Hence why people don't get "high" or "stoned" using CBD sold in the UK.

As mentioned, I am referring to the THC level in CBD oil. Cannabis is illegal in the UK because it is a psychoactive substance. The psychoactive compound is tetrahydrocannibinol. Commercial CBD oil sold in the UK cannot contain more the 0.2% THC.

The concentration of the other cannibinoid compounds vary greatly from product to product and can be purchased in varying strengths at varying cost. The higher the concentration the higher the cost.

Regardless of the strength of the other cannibinoid compounds, all UK sold CBD cannot contain more than 0.2% THC. Such a small amount of THC means the product is not psychoactive. Hence why people don't get high or "stoned" using CBD sold in the UK.
Unless its properly regulated we have no idea whats actuall in the bottle.
Sorry guy too, many shisters in vaping, and retail generally to leave something like this uncontrolled.

Unless its properly regulated we have no idea whats actuall in the bottle.
Sorry guy too, many shisters in vaping, and retail generally to leave something like this uncontrolled.
I haven't disagreed with that. I only pointed out that it wasn't accurate to call CBD sold in the UK psychoactive.

Only full spectrum CBD is psychoactive and that is currently illegal in the UK unless prescribed by a doctor (something only recently made possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom