What's new

Petition. Keep CBD on the market as a food supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@StrawberryRipple the UK are looking at banning the sale of CBD for 18 months while they do supposed research but we know they will reclassifie it as something they can tax to the max.

I’m not sure I agree with this.
I’ve seen CBD marketed as a cure all wonder substance. There is precious little peer-reviewed evidence to support many of these claims. Real harm can be caused when people seek to treat their symptoms with inappropriate medicine.
I don’t doubt that various canabinoids are potentially beneficial to many people but I’m deeply concerned by the way CBD is being marketed. CBD is a psychoactive substance which, in my view, shouldn’t be classified as merely a food supplement.

The research needs to be done, this I support. Many other compounds, which have medicinal potential, have been neglected by medical research due to their legal status. If this is a topic that interests you, may I suggest you look at some of the research being done by Dr Robin Carhart-Harris of UCL in to psilocybin and depression.

I’m not sure I agree with this.
I’ve seen CBD marketed as a cure all wonder substance. There is precious little peer-reviewed evidence to support many of these claims. Real harm can be caused when people seek to treat their symptoms with inappropriate medicine.
I don’t doubt that various canabinoids are potentially beneficial to many people but I’m deeply concerned by the way CBD is being marketed. CBD is a psychoactive substance which, in my view, shouldn’t be classified as merely a food supplement.

The research needs to be done, this I support. Many other compounds, which have medicinal potential, have been neglected by medical research due to their legal status. If this is a topic that interests you, may I suggest you look at some of the research being done by Dr Robin Carhart-Harris of UCL in to psilocybin and depression.
I don't believe that's entirely accurate. The psychoactive compound in CBD, as with cannabis, is tetrahydrocannibinol. And the thc level in commercially available CBD oil has to be below 0.2% making it negligible. That is the very reason that it is legal in the UK and allowed to be sold as a food supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom