What's new

MSc Dissertation project looking at the differences in mood across current smokers, vapers, ex-s

I feel like staring into the void and screaming.

a) never applies to me
b) sometimes applies to me
c) often applies to me
d) always applies to me

If it bothers you SO much then just leave the topic alone and move on !! :12:

Sorry @Rob if that’s directed at me, I actually find the topic interesting, and filled out the questionnaire.

Ok, let’s try a different approach.

“I am alone in the midst of these happy, reasonable voices. All these creatures spend their time explaining, realizing happily that they agree with each other. In Heaven's name, why is it so important to think the same things all together.”

Smoker, or vaper?
It depends.

It sounds to me like it’s a smoker or a vaper who writes unloved reviews.

I got confused early on and chose the wrong option.

1 I am an ex-smoker
2 I am a vaper trying to quit smoking

I chose 1 and there were no vape related questions so I gave up.

I got confused early on and chose the wrong option.

1 I am an ex-smoker
2 I am a vaper trying to quit smoking

I chose 1 and there were no vape related questions so I gave up.

Apologies for the confusion. The ex-smoker category is for those who have successfully quit smoking and are using no other form of nicotine and the vapers category refers to those who currently vape as a method of quitting smoking.
Thank you for your interest in my research!

I completed your questionnaire.

What do the questions have to do with smoking and vaping? Someone’s answers to the questions could vary over time with no relation to their smoking or vaping habits.

Thank you for your interest in my research!

The research hopes to determine a relationship between mood and nicotine dependence. Mental health has been constantly on the increase for many years, many of those who suffer from psychological mood disorders are also smokers. Research has indicated that there is a strong relationship between smoking cigarettes and psychological mood disorders. I hope to assess this link further in order to contribute to research into mental health and distinguish between those who smoke to relive symptoms or those who suffer as a result from smoking. Additionally, assess wether this factors into those who are unsuccessful in quitting smoking.

I am particularly interested in looking into vaping as a category due to it being a relatively new nicotine replacement therapy and little is still known around the subject.

Hope this helps a little!

Back
Top Bottom