What's new

Investigating the role of impulsivity in e-cigarette use

I believe that the greatest majority of people that fit your criteria are between the ages of 16-21, perhaps try targeting colleges?

Thank you for the above reply.

The reason we include this entrant criteria is to enable us to make comparisons between cigarette and e-cigarette users. As part of the research, we are attempting to make nicotine exposure as standardised as possible which assessed in more detail in the main survey.

The demographic questionnaire in the pre-screen is used to ensure that participants meet all our general inclusion criteria. As this research is investigating impulsivity, we unfortunately must exclude participants with a diagnosis of an impulse control disorder (as this could confound the results). The examples given in the questionnaire are an exhaustive list of known impulse control disorders to help participants identify whether they should put yes or no to that question.

In response to some of the posts regarding only recruiting e-cigarette only users as stated this research has already recruited a sample of current e-cigarette users who are ex-smokers. Therefore, we are not currently attempting to recruit more at this time (however this may change in the coming months as more studies are developed). This recruitment is not to draw conclusions from e-cigarette only users but instead to allow more comparisons between different nicotine user groups.

Best wishes,

The Research Team

I believe that the greatest majority of people that fit your criteria are between the ages of 16-21, perhaps try targeting colleges?

Thank you for your reply.

This is another important group to try and get data from, however given the current COVID pandemic we are unable to do any face to face research! But it certainly would be an important group to investigate.

Sad that I'm deemed too old :(

My apologies for this age range. This is to ensure that results are not confounded my the factor of age based on the current research!

Back
Top Bottom