What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I Need You Help Please To Activate A New Government Petition

Wishpicker

I’ve made a government petition – will you sign it please?

5 people need to click the link and confirm their support for the government petition website to publish my petition.

Click this link to sign the petition:
<link removed>

My petition:

Repeal the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) now that we're leaving the EU

The new Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) due to start in April 2017 is very unpopular with everyone, the manufacturers that make the ecigarettes, vaping equipment and eliquids, the retailers, and the end users.

This EU Directive/law is totally unnecessary, and will add financial burdens to the ecigarette retailers and end users here in the UK, not to mention how it will infringe on people's personal choices to use larger sub ohm vaping tanks and the larger bottles of eliquid that are necessary for sub ohm vaping. Now we have triggered Article 50 and are leaving the EU, we are in a position to repeal the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) if we choose to, and I believe that the Government should do so.

<link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
This petition is still gathering sponsors. We have had two of these posted today. You haven't managed to spell vaping correctly @caseychaffin - please can you paste the full text of your petition here so that we can see what you are asking to make sure it doesn't make vapers look daft. Will merge the two requests in a sec.

Last edited:
OK, so we now have two of these - neither have enough sponsors to be publicly visible. There are several vaping associations out there who should be picking up this sort of thing. I don't know that we want the whole act repealed, it needs a bit more thought than this IMO.

Yes, 2ml tank limit and 10ml bottle limits are actions of pure ill-informed stupidity. What about the 18mg limit - do you have nothing to say about that?

Merged the two threads to see what everyone else thinks.

reported yesterday that at least 62,000 laws passed since the eu was formed will not be changed or ammended.

7 weeks to implementation date. suppliers have spent thousands already and one that i know of has spent £100,000 already getting tested.

so sadly too little too late as no matter how many petitions its set in stone now and wont be overturned.

I’ve made a government petition – will you sign it please?

5 people need to click the link and confirm their support for the government petition website to publish my petition.

<link removed>

My petition:

Repeal the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) now that we're leaving the EU

The new Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) due to start in April 2017 is very unpopular with everyone, the manufacturers that make the ecigarettes, vaping equipment and eliquids, the retailers, and the end users.

This EU Directive/law is totally unnecessary, and will add financial burdens to the ecigarette retailers and end users here in the UK, not to mention how it will infringe on people's personal choices to use larger sub ohm vaping tanks and the larger bottles of eliquid that are necessary for sub ohm vaping. Now we have triggered Article 50 and are leaving the EU, we are in a position to repeal the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) if we choose to, and I believe that the Government should do so.

<link removed>

Sorry bud, but this is .... I don't know what to say without being rude.. Naive at best.

"it will infringe on people's personal choices to use larger sub ohm vaping tanks and the larger bottles of eliquid that are necessary for sub ohm vaping."

That's your argument against these regulations?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/507/made

which are no longer an EU directive but are UK law?

ALL laws infringe on people's personal choices. This is just ridiculous.

Have you even read the regulations you are trying to battle against? .... You will need a better argument than this, I can't even take it seriously, so I can't imagine how anyone in government will.

Sorry but someone needs to say it.

"we are in a position to repeal the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) if we choose to" ....are you sure about that?

Last edited:
OK, I feel a bit mean now... and I don't want to dampen your obvious enthusiasm for 'sticking it to the man' because, well ... I fully support that.

So, here's some advice.

Start again with the petition, reference the parts of the regulations you object to and give clear and legitimate reasons why you object. (link in previous post)

Statutory Instruments
2016 No. 507
Consumer Protection
The Tobacco and Related Products Regulations 2016

.... That's what you need to refer to, not the TPD.

Think very carefully about the bits you are objecting to and remember these laws are implemented as 'Consumer protection' ie, to protect you and me from potentially 'dangerous' products. So any argument against them will really need to be in that context. Everything needs to be factual, you can't say "larger sub ohm vaping tanks and the larger bottles of eliquid that are necessary for sub ohm vaping." because it's not true, the only thing necessary for sub-ohm vaping is a coil under 1ohm. You might prefer to buy a larger bottle for many reasons but hey, you might prefer to drive your car at 100mph on the motorway but that's not a good enough reason to change the law.

Have a good read through the regs and good luck with whatever approach you take.... Maybe ask some others for advice before posting the petition, some vendors, manufacturers etc.

Sorry to piss on the bonfire but even this is pointless, there are several other petitions already online for various versions of repeal the TPD / TRPR, none of them have more than a few thousand signatures. We've been through this over and over, It won't work.
You also need to be much clearer in your objectives - there is Zero chance of overturning the whole TPD / TRPR, you'll even have enormous difficulty in getting E-cigs removed, much better to try for an amendment to Strength limits, bottle sizes or tank sizes...

Sorry bud, but this is .... I don't know what to say without being rude.. Naive at best.

"it will infringe on people's personal choices to use larger sub ohm vaping tanks and the larger bottles of eliquid that are necessary for sub ohm vaping."

That's your argument against these regulations?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/507/made

which are no longer an EU directive but are UK law?

ALL laws infringe on people's personal choices. This is just ridiculous.

Have you even read the regulations you are trying to battle against? .... You will need a better argument than this, I can't even take it seriously, so I can't imagine how anyone in government will.

Sorry but someone needs to say it.

"we are in a position to repeal the EU Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) if we choose to" ....are you sure about that?

Bloody Mouth to Lungers :D;):D

cheers

Gaz

Well lets get a few things off the bat for starters. ANYONE, and i mean anyone in vaping who thought laws and regulations would be changed because of a few home brewed petition sites is truly misinformed and naive. These regulations were brought in because of 99 percent big tobacco/pharama backhanders, and 1 percent safety and regulation with the vaper in mind. If you thought the uk was going to let billions slip from their slimy fingers just so we could vape and stop cigs then you are in for a rude awakening. Dont ask me what the answe is and i am not going to try and give one. Just be aware, the government are greedy bastards and do not want us to stop smoking. They do not care about health they want the money. End of story. Sad i know but facts.
I have cut down vaping personally now and will continue my reduced vaping until it no longer becomes practical or enjoyable due to lack of products.

Back
Top Bottom