What's new

How many mods do you own?

Currently at this time, I own..

• 1-5 (Just starting out and/or I only buy when something breaks)

• 5-10 (I'm happy with what I have and/or still adding to my inventory)

• 10-20 (I like to keep a good mod rotation and/or I'm a collector)

• 20-30 (My significant other hates my addiction!)

• 30+ (I think I have a problem but guess what, smoking ain't one of them!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Curious - do you guys with 30+ mods collect them? rather than use a mod/evaluate it and decide if it's time to "move" it on - do you just box it up and store it?

Curious - do you guys with 30+ mods collect them? rather than use a mod/evaluate it and decide if it's time to "move" it on - do you just box it up and store it?

I've narrowed my collection down from 31 to 25. I collect. Aside from my DNA250's, DNA200's, and my Dotbox's, majority of my mods are mechanical. Even my old 22mm ones are mods that won't get outdated, they're still relevant today as they can still vape well over 100+ watts when a couple were made 4 years ago, unlike these chipsets that's often chasing the wattage game and being replaced with a higher power ones, why I personally don't collect regulated devices, they plummet in value as "hype" drains and newer higher power versions come out. And I generally use all my devices in rotation, when I feel I don't want it anymore, I'll sell/trade it for a new mech or bundle together with others to sell online.

I've narrowed my collection down from 31 to 25. I collect. Aside from my DNA250's, DNA200's, and my Dotbox's, majority of my mods are mechanical. Even my old 22mm ones are mods that won't get outdated, they're still relevant today as they can still vape well over 100+ watts when a couple were made 4 years ago, unlike these chipsets that's often chasing the wattage game and being replaced with a higher power ones, why I personally don't collect regulated devices, they plummet in value as "hype" drains and newer higher power versions come out. And I generally use all my devices in rotation, when I feel I don't want it anymore, I'll sell/trade it for a new mech or bundle together with others to sell online.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer - I've not been brave enough to venture in the the world of Mech Mods yet, but from some of the Purge mods I've seen it could get expensive :D

Thanks for the comprehensive answer - I've not been brave enough to venture in the the world of Mech Mods yet, but from some of the Purge mods I've seen it could get expensive :D

:) Anytime bro. We all have our own reasons but just listed a few of mine. Others might collect regulated also, nothing wrong with that either, personal preference really. I do use regulated mods daily, but I don't collect them. If one gets outdated or a newer chip comes out I might make it something I'll have to get later but generally I keep my eyes open on mechs more. One of my oldest daily bangers is my Hex Ohm v1, banged up good but works perfectly.. couldn't help but notice your sweet avatar, nice man. Those are made right here in Austin, Texas, where I reside. Great people. Great products.

One of my oldest daily bangers is my Hex Ohm v1, banged up good but works perfectly.. couldn't help but notice your sweet avatar, nice man.

Just bought a HexOhm V3 Anarchist myself mate - interesting that your V1 is still going strong too!

Add in that *lifetime warranty* that comes with all Hex Ohms, you're set for life :)

It was one of the attractive points that settled me on one.

You don't seem to find many available over in the UK either - was the V3 a limited run?

It was one of the attractive points that settled me on one.

You don't seem to find many available over in the UK either - was the V3 a limited run?

Don't quote me on this but I don't believe v3 are limited runs, they've continued making the anodized and cerakoted versions from various vendors. The only limited runs that IK of are the Chicks with Wicks, GrimmArmy, Stab woods, Anarchists, Twisted Messes, and many more various ones and a couple of the limited runs have been on previous versions before. But it's pretty much, get it now before it's sold out and won't ever come back, happens here in the States also. I see tons of photo of standard Hex Ohms, sometimes clones but limiteds are rare. It'd be a pleasure to have. I've also seen some older hex ohms like mine worth more than the V2's and V3's mint. It was the older more rambunctious OKR chip, I guess people liked that one a lot for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom