What's new

How did you get into vaping?

Please tick as many options as apply to you.

• I was a smoker & found if difficult to give up using vapes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was suffering from stress and depression about 2 years ago now and I found I was having the odd crafty smoke to help with the stress. Long story short and work mate got pished off with me poncing smokes off him (despite buying a packet now and again) and suggested that as I wasn't smoking "full time" I should start vaping. He was right, because at the time I started vaping I wasn't smoking enough to be hooked on the nicotine. So with the real realisation that I would start smoking again, I started vaping. And to be honest I real enjoy it too. I then got into mixing and then to coil building and all thanks to this POTV.

Started vaping to dodge a smoking ban at work. Haven't touched a cigarette since.
Was down to 3mg nic within 3 months but have stayed there. Ex 60 a day roll up man.

I saw the "Tourist" with Johnny Depp/Angelina Jolie at Christmas time 6 years ago , I get curious about e-cigs and the next week I was ordering a riva 510 starter kit and a couple of dekang bottles from LF , it was love at first sign and never smoke a cigarrete again , so thank you Johnny Depp [emoji3]

A few friends of mine have vaped for years. Eventually convinced me to put down cigarettes and turn to ejuice. Took me a while to get to grips with the lack of smoke compared to vapour but the flavour is insane.

I started MTL as a newbie with a Provari/ProTank about 6yrs ago because I was buying about 4 cartons of Marlborough reds a month...I heard vaping could help me quit smoking from my brother who was using a Provari with some success..
tapatalk_1482294035263.jpeg

Anyway that's what got me started ...as my learning curve advanced I've acquired a liking for subtanks and RTA's that keep me vape happy, and more importantly, completely tobacco free...

Last edited:
I started MTL as a newbie with a Provari/ProTank about 6yrs ago because I was buying about 4 cartons of Marlborough reds a month...I heard vaping could help me quit smoking from my brother who was using a Provari with some success.. View attachment 114262
Anyway that's what got me started ...as my learning curve advanced I've acquired a liking for subtanks and RTA's that keep me vape happy, and more importantly, completely tobacco free...
That is awesome I'm happy it helped I wish I kept all the my past vape stuff

I think because i gradually gave up the difficult first morning ciggy and replaced it with vaping and then did the same with vaping more than smoked with drinking and vaped after meals instead of a ciggy it was easier to quit completely, considering i started out with the standard ego battery and a ce4 tank and it wasnt till i got my first mod and was on 2 ciggys a day that one night i decided the ciggy i smoked was my last. I have had the odd hiccup and smoked two ciggys both tasted disgusting that i no longer smoke anymore and its been 10 wks dont get me wrong i still crave a ciggy but remind myself of how bad it tasted and it keeps me vaping.

I started vaping to give up smoking and it worked with minimal pain and effort and went straight to 0mg, I think it was more the physical experience of smoking I needed to replace. Vaping since has become a bit of a hobby, I build my own rather than use prebuilt coils and mix my own juice, which have both been great for the bank balance too :-)

All started when I worked for a factory that produces ejuice In Liverpool huge factory nocking out like a bottles for 10ml Debang juice After working there for about a year they let us test juice for free. I was a 20 a day smoker, they gave us a little ego battery with a aspire Bvc head on. Been hooker ever since, and I no longer work at the factory But anyway I'm still vaping and no longer smoke, have a occasional spliff here and there but at least AV stopped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom