What's new

How did you get into vaping?

Please tick as many options as apply to you.

• I was a smoker & found if difficult to give up using vapes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobcat

Postman
With vaping always in the news, with another horror story or un-useful scientific study, I've been wondering how we all came to be on this vaping journey so I thought I should just ask.

I think the results could be really interesting.

I saw a video (about 5yrs ago or maybe longer) of a chap with a cigalike in a restaurant. General jist was he could do it because it wasn't smoking.

This eventually led me to import a cigalike from China. You couldn't get them here at the time or if you could I couldn't find them.

It didn't last long, I used it for a few days then went back to smoking.

A year or so later I tried a tornado from totally wicked. That was better, I stopped smoking with 36mg juice. I still remember gleefully puffing away at my desk in work while being scowled at [emoji23]

They have since banned vaping in the office.

Last edited:
Well, I started unsuccessfully with EGO style devices while I was still a smoker.

I managed to quit smoking with Champix, but hit a bump and had started again, I then got my first real mod, a Sigelei 30W mini, and switched to vaping.

I was thinking about it for a while then a mate mentioned that he knew someone who knew what he was talking about and did a bit of DIY. He got me on the pens for a year then my regular pen went pop and a few more after that (it was some time back, finding reliable gear was tricky) which got me back on the smokes ultimately. I figured I'd sit it out until things evolved but was determined to go back to vaping. After looking around recently it was pretty much a no-brainer.

I mate of mine was dual fueling for a while ..... I thought I'd give it a go so I walked into a local vape shop and not smoked since, when I stopped my mate stopped dual fueling too as I guess he thought that if I could do it he could (I was a much heavier smoker) :D

Quit smoking during a momentary lapse of reason, with hindsight, quitting & starting vapeing was a distraction from other stuff going on at the time.

I started vaping after speaking to my friend who had successfully given up smoking by switching to vaping. When I tried vaping on his setup I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it so I did some research online and the weekend after I went into a local B+M and bought my first setup. I'm pleased to see that I haven't smoked since and it's almost five months later now.

I still vape with nicotine, although I've never tried it without I have already lowered the strength of nicotine that I vape so hopefully someday I can manage to go without nicotine completely!

Dual fuel for a couple of years.
Mainly due to poorer vape gear (plastic push in 'filters' where the battery coil burst a seal to release 0.079ml of juice) and frequent trips to country's where 200 fags were cheaper than 6 Mars Bars.
Continued to progress up the vape chain (Screw in filter type tips :2thumbsup:) as it evolved and my urge for fags was evened out by the damned awful stink.
Better gear (woohoo CE4 for about a year then the glory of EMOW / Evod etc.:18:) Honestly not even sure the last time I had a fag, it was playing golf, 3.5 or 4.5 years ago, had about 4 on the coarse and the last one I actually looked at and said "This is Fu****g mingen, what am I smoking it for."

Struggled to pick, didn't want to say "stopped easily" & "struggled to stop" so left at easily - only fare based on better vape gear.

Wasn't the money or worries about health (although I did wonder if I was pushing my luck) that made me decide to switch to vaping.
It was more the mess - ash and butts - and the stink.
I planned it after discussing with mates who vaped and had vaped and stayed away from cigs for over a year.
Took a few months as I had a lot of cigs left and after research and a recommendation for a shop, just did it on the same day as my first eGo One Mega purchase.
Had a good month's supply of duty free cigs left and still have!
Not been tempted once to smoke again but will miss a good cigar.
Smoked all my life so not in a rush to give up vaping but hope to one day do without it.
So far so good.

I started vaping in March 2013 at the age of 33 when I had a hip replacement, I knew I couldn't smoke in hospital so I took a pen device with me and have never looked back.
@bobcat how did you get into vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom