Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Out

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
I voted to leave but I agree it was totally the wrong way to go about it. Sadly, as we were so clearly told, this was our only chance, a once in a lifetime opportunity ... with only 2 options 'in' or 'out'. I think many of us felt that we had no choice. I don't support continued expansion or closer integration, so my only option was to vote leave. I would have much rather waited to see what was going to happen over the next couple of years and have a much longer period of sensible discussion about the EU and the direction it's heading. We could have made proper plans for if/when the time came to leave and a lot of this turmoil could have been avoided.

I agree Cameron is to blame for this mess, he called a referendum where he didn't support the change the referendum was offering which to me seems totally idiotic. He totally misjudged the feelings of the UK outside of the London bubble and he resigned straight away causing more uncertainty when he should have been doing his job as prime minister. I have nothing to gloat about, I think it was/is being handled appallingly and I think our politicians are an absolute disgrace. They all seem to have forgotten that they still have a country to run.

This is probably the soundest, most level-headed statement I've read yet from someone who voted leave. I just don't understand how the majority of the leave campaign are still so thrilled about their 'victory' - it really, really does baffle me. People seem to be relishing in how divided the country has become, the chaos, the uncertainty and that's what pisses me off. Fair enough, you won, you got what you wanted but be humble about it. The people who voted remain absolutely have the right to be annoyed, heartbroken, upset and whatever else - this is still extremely fresh and will take a long time to settle and blow over. So no, this isn't them crying or 'throwing their toys out of the pram' this is people who are justifiably concerned about their future here in the UK.

Forgive them son, for they know not what they do.(have done)
Especially if you are unemployed, disabled, have a private pension pot, depend on the state pension, only want to work 40 hours a week at most, want paid holidays, want a NHS, want to go to University if your parents are on average wages, etc, etc, etc.
At least we showed those foreigners that we are no mugs! Oh, wait a minute........

This is probably the soundest, most level-headed statement I've read yet from someone who voted leave. I just don't understand how the majority of the leave campaign are still so thrilled about their 'victory' - it really, really does baffle me. People seem to be relishing in how divided the country has become, the chaos, the uncertainty and that's what pisses me off. Fair enough, you won, you got what you wanted but be humble about it. The people who voted remain absolutely have the right to be annoyed, heartbroken, upset and whatever else - this is still extremely fresh and will take a long time to settle and blow over. So no, this isn't them crying or 'throwing their toys out of the pram' this is people who are justifiably concerned about their future here in the UK.

I think facebook has a lot to answer for, whenever I go on there it just feels like people shouting at each other, re-posting garbage from the newspapers or stating how 'disgusted' they are about something some celebrity has said on twitter. When I walk out of my front door the world seems a very different place to be honest. I would never dismiss people's concerns though because whatever people are worried about it's clearly genuine from their perspective and that's all that matters, and let's face it we will all be affected differently and it's pretty clear to me that none of the politicians had/have a clue what would happen. I am in no doubt that things will calm down and be fine over the longer term but the short term really depends on how our politicians handle it and from what I've seen so far it's not all that promising!

Uncertainty is the worst thing we can have right now and rather than having a clear direction, we basically have no acting prime minister and it's not even clear if we are leaving yet. This state of limbo isn't good for anyone.

Back
Top Bottom