What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

European Union

In or Out

• In

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Out

Votes: 76 59.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Not going to vote

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
Fuck it off I say.
Being dictated by foreign twats. What's that about!!!!! Why we joined in the first place, I'll never know.
Take a scenario.
If we wasn't in the EU and there was a referendum to join now, it would get thrown out.
So do the decent thing Mr Cameron and get the fuck out.
I love my country, and do not like being dictated to by big fat Belgium cunts.
Fuck em.

Yep time to fuck off out of it. Don't get me wrong, it will be tough when we are out of the EU, but I guess we'll just have to wash our own cars.

In for me - the Tories will run riot if we end up out, they already want to stiff the unions and have plans for human rights. Brussels might not be perfect but they're not as bad as the chunting Tories will be.

Wont happen.
Britain has too much to loose and little to gain by leaving.
Most goods would get more expensive, free movement will stop and banking will have seriously reduced profits.
Do you honestly think the bankers would allow an EU exit, no way José!

European law is the only thing that is (just) protecting workers rights. Give the Tories free reign and they will have children sweeping chimneys again.
The media shapes the way you think, and you are being manipulated to think that swarms of foreigners want to come to the UK for its great social security benefits. That is a lie. We have the worst benefits in Europe. Our pensioners have about the lowest pension in Europe. It's a disgrace that old folk die of hypothermia because they are afraid to turn on their heating. Our unemployment benefit is about the lowest in Europe.
If it is an Out vote, then don't ever become ill, unemployed or old in the UK.

European law is the only thing that is (just) protecting workers rights. Give the Tories free reign and they will have children sweeping chimneys again.
The media shapes the way you think, and you are being manipulated to think that swarms of foreigners want to come to the UK for its great social security benefits. That is a lie. We have the worst benefits in Europe. Our pensioners have about the lowest pension in Europe. It's a disgrace that old folk die of hypothermia because they are afraid to turn on their heating. Our unemployment benefit is about the lowest in Europe.
If it is an Out vote, then don't ever become ill, unemployed or old in the UK.

All true.
Great Britain stopped being great when the empire dissolved.
Pensions, a joke.
Benefits, a joke.
NHS, crumbling at the knee's.
I could go on and on, but suffice to say, I wont ever return to blighty.

It's too hard to choose and neither argument has outright convinced me. From what I've read, it boils down to this?: IN: cheaper goods, better trading, freedom of movement etc. OUT: national pride, control of borders, no giving money to countries whose economy is weaker and complete justice system control etc.

All I can say though is that I feel the benefits of being IN the EU outweigh what we may gain from being out. It would be nice to be that great independent stiff upper-lipped nation we once were but in truth we were a weak, pathetic little country goverend by Eton toffs long long before the EU ever came about. I don't honestly think the UK has the spine to support itself on it's own.

I love my country but you have to be realistic. The UK will never amount to anything with our current attitude because our whole culture (and a lot of the economy) is based upon riding the gravy train of past glories. A lot of people still honestly believe the UK is better than Germany because of WWII. If we had less of that and more innovation, hard graft and an open mind for foreign talent, we could just about begin to create a foundation to go independent. We need to do that before we take the leap though otherwise we're all screwed.

Unfortunately I fear the reality is that if we did go independent from the EU, people would be too pre-occupied with kicking Polish people out to realise we were slowly going bankrupt :14:

All true.
Great Britain stopped being great when the empire dissolved.
Pensions, a joke.
Benefits, a joke.
NHS, crumbling at the knee's.
I could go on and on, but suffice to say, I wont ever return to blighty.
Yes we know.
But what about chip shops. Where else can you get good fish and chips?
Not anywhere in the EU I'm afraid apart from the Uk. :D

Back
Top Bottom