What's new

Do you want a standardised coil longevity/health rating on e-liquid bottles?

Would you sign and/or share a petition to request coil longevity ratings on e-liquid bottles?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

ffoli

I'm thinking about starting a petition for e-liquid manufacturers to start putting some kind of coil longevity/health/rating on their bottles.

I'm sick and tired of coils dying in less than a day and having to throw out bottles of (relatively expensive) e-liquid because of what I think of as a compatibility issue.

The fact is that the majority of sweetened 50/50 e-liquids used on stock coil kits deliver a terrible user experience and that's no doubt putting smokers off switching to vaping.

Shops still seem to go by the outdated idea that so long as it's 50/50 it should be fine with a standard MTL kit. It's not and it's ruining the experience.

Probably a good idea to ask on here for some recommendations for juice that doesn't contain loads of sweetener. I'm sure there are certain brands we avoid because of this.

no, I wouldn't sign it.

From this comment "Shops still seem to go by the outdated idea that so long as it's 50/50 it should be fine with a standard MTL kit. It's not and it's ruining the experience." it would seem that poor knowledge/poor recommendations from sales staff is the problem. Unless you are buying pre-filled pods/tanks then I think it's totally unrealistic.

If you buy a pod/tank/kit from a shop, I would expect them to be able to recommend and sell you a suitable liquid (and range) to use in it.

A lot of us here could do that 8 times out of 10 and we don't even work in a vape shop.

i’m not sure how it would work in practice. it seems to me that an independent eliquid testing and coil health rating authority would need to be set up to test the effects of every eliquid on every popular type of coil. who would fund it?

I'm thinking about starting a petition for e-liquid manufacturers to start putting some kind of coil longevity/health/rating on their bottles.

I'm sick and tired of coils dying in less than a day and having to throw out bottles of (relatively expensive) e-liquid because of what I think of as a compatibility issue.

The fact is that the majority of sweetened 50/50 e-liquids used on stock coil kits deliver a terrible user experience and that's no doubt putting smokers off switching to vaping.

Shops still seem to go by the outdated idea that so long as it's 50/50 it should be fine with a standard MTL kit. It's not and it's ruining the experience.

ridiculous idea

at least 80% of what you want to achieve is subjective.

I know people who will go two weeks on a coil and juice that I would change every two days and vice versa.

and how exactly would you quantify health ?!

Also it’s not just sweetener that can cause coil clogging - here are a few other options

lots of flavourings / certain types of flavours (tobaccoes, custards etc.)

poor coils

too tightly packed cotton.

some VERY sweet juice doesn’t clog coils

pile of shit.gif

Nope, would never sign that.

Who is the benchmark for a coils life? Someone who Vapes once an hour or someone who Vapes once every 30 seconds? Someone who uses the coil at its maximum wattage or someone who uses it at its minimum wattage? Someone who primes their coils or someone who just fills it and vapes? Way too many variables that go way beyond something as simple as just sweetener to gauge the length of a coils life.

I voted no, but now I see it’s vexed the hippy I could be tempted to change it to yes.

I wouldn't sign it, there's too many variables eg kit, watts, temperature, juice (as a whole due to all the components), wire, wicking material, frequency of vaping to name a few things.

The recommendation for an 'average person' (whatever that would be) isn't the same for someone who is a social vaper, or at the other end of the scale a chain vaper.

Back
Top Bottom