What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

i could save a lot of money, if it could quit buying mods and attys. but this is how i look at it.
oh :america: here, far outside shitcago.

when i smoked, i was $25 a week (probably $30 now with inflation). which was about 3 packs a week.
so, $100 a month. if i didn't keep buying stuff i already have, i could vape a full month for about $2-3.
well, maybe a little more considering i would have to replace batteries every 2 years.

Until you joined here ;)

I for one am spending more on vaping than smoking, I look at it this way, my health should be a whole lot better, I will be the healthiest person in the graveyard. Now that is a target to aim for :P

TBH no.

I like to always try new juices, especially those with CBD and other special features, so i spent little bit more.

If I still smoked it would cost me $5000 for the next year.
I have 20yrs worth of nic in the freezer, a life time supply of coil wire and a rta's and mods to last decades.
Over two years of prepping I probably have spent $3000 but am now set for 20yrs.
I vape unflavoured juice and mix my own.
Really my only expense going forward is batteries and VG. I use about 1.5L of VG a year at $10/L.
So yeah, I do save a lot of money vaping vs smoking. Even while building a life time supply over the first 2yrs I didnt spend as much in those two years on vaping as I would in 9months of smoking.

None of that means that I wont buy more rta's and mods etc :D

I used to spend £25 on cigarettes (that was about 7 years ago).

Just did the calculation and I would have spent £9100 (not accounted for price increases) if I still smoked, more than likely I would have increased the amount I was buying / smoking.

I can confidently say I saved money. For nearly 4 years I had saved instead of spending, barely purchased new gear, made my own eliquid etc.

Recently all the savings were spent on buying a home; sadly not a cash purchase but decent deposit, all the fees to go with it, the moving costs and still have money in the bank to do the garden up and some interior bits to make the home ours.

I used to spend £25 on cigarettes (that was about 7 years ago).

Just did the calculation and I would have spent £9100 (not accounted for price increases) if I still smoked, more than likely I would have increased the amount I was buying / smoking.

I can confidently say I saved money. For nearly 4 years I had saved instead of spending, barely purchased new gear, made my own eliquid etc.

Recently all the savings were spent on buying a home; sadly not a cash purchase but decent deposit, all the fees to go with it, the moving costs and still have money in the bank to do the garden up and some interior bits to make the home ours.

That is some achievement and certainly you have seen something for your money. Well done [emoji106]

That is some achievement and certainly you have seen something for your money. Well done [emoji106]

Thank you.

I had been looking forward to making that post to show what can be achieved :D

Sometimes it's easy to think "it's only £25, £50 and doesn't matter, won't make a difference" but they all add up too!

Thank you.

I had been looking forward to making that post to show what can be achieved :D

Sometimes it's easy to think "it's only £25, £50 and doesn't matter, won't make a difference" but they all add up too!

Absolutely, it’s just over 3 years for me. The App reckons I’ve saved
Adjustments.jpg

Have I got it in the bank? No, but I’m certainly better off now then I was when I smoked. I’ve spent quite a chunk on Vaping and vape gear. I have had some really nice holidays and certainly don’t need to keep an eye on my bank account for my cig supply like I used to. It’s a great feeling. [emoji3]

I am not saving money yet because i am seeing vaping items i still need or want, not a great deal of things i want, maybe a couple of rda'a and tanks and a couple of mods one of which is arriving the next few days. The thing about vaping over smoking is at least you have something to show for your money where as with smoking you don't.

Back
Top Bottom