What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

I've blown all my savings this month, on popcorn.

giphy.gif

:D

I can't remember how much I spent on baccy, maybe £20pw (a 50g pack lasted me 5-6 days and was about £15) plus whatever the Mrs spent on her combination of my baccy/pre-rolled? That was five years ago so couldn't tell you of current comparitive costs - I think a 30g of baccy is about £13 odds, not sure?

The Mrs is very settled on what she uses and I've spent very little over that time on her kit - Aspire premium kit>istick 40 & UTA 2 clone>Eleaf Aster & K5 mini clone>Eleaf Pico 75w & K5 mini = less than £150 for 5 years worth of kit and she still has it all apart from the Aspire kit. Her liquid/coils/cotton is circa £150 per year?

I've spent shit loads more trying various mods/attys/liquids etc but generally buy second hand and move on what I don't like towards the cost of the next thing - after five years of vaping, I have four mods and four RDA's that cover the ways I vape and I'm happy with - I have decided that I'm only going to buy concentrates/shortfills/wire & wick this year (unless I see something that's been on my radar for ages going really cheap) I'm also pretty much done with Chinese kit - Basium chucked it after 3 months and the replacement had a dent in it (returned) the Rage squonker had a loose fitting battery door that annoyed me the first time I used it (sold) Desire Cut squonker won't fire past 32w despite being a 108w mod (Chinese vendor offered a $5 coupon as compensation and to keep the mod, this increased to a $12 coupon and to keep the mod - PayPal are dealing with it now) I own and will continue to use the Chinese kit I have, it was all quite pricey when new and the quality is commensurate to the original cost, but I'm done with Chinese gear on the whole now, anything I need in future will likely be UK or European made.

Hoping to keep this year's spend below £500 for both of us, if not significantly less.

I definitely save money. I currently mostly use a Nautilus 2 tank on a Zelos mod. I get most of my juice from LiQuid, at £1 a bottle + like £2.30 delivery, usually I buy about 20 10ml bottles at a time which lasts me easily a couple of months, probably a little more (but I re-order every couple of months). Plus coils which are about £7.00 for 5. The Nautilus coils can be hit and miss, and I would say a pack of 5 lasts around month if I'm lucky. So lets call it £20 a month for my vaping supplies.

When I was smoking I was mostly smoking rollies, 50g at the time cost about £20, and would last around a week.

How ever, I did go through a phase of using a DTL exclusively, and at the time was buying some pretty expensive juice. a 60ml shortfill would last, at best 3 or 4 days, and on average probably cost about £10 - £15 depending on what I got. When I was doing that, I definitely didn't save money. I still use it sometimes (but with much less expensive liquid, and no where near as often, since I prefer MTL most of the time anyway these days.

I Do saving, but I can't feel. I f you can't like you can buy a Ferrari from the money what you spend on smoking in 10years I can tell you I still haven't got a wheel from Ferrari after 3yeras quite smoking:) Is that make sense?

Absolutley, I live across the pond where cigarettes were less than 2 dollars a pack when i was twelve years and now that i am 44 years old and was instantly able to quit cigarettes a year and a half ago when i acquired a half decent mod after trying for a decade to quit using cheap disposables.

I did the math, (us) $40 for device, $5 a month for coils, at the most $30 a month for juice.
So just over a $1 a day, quit roughly a year ago, so $365 per year.

Smoking for 30 years, cost of cigarettes when I started was $2 a pack, now its $10 dollars a pack, so avg out to $6 a day for 30 years.

$365 per year vaping
$2,190.00 per year smoking
$65,700 total after 30 years of smoking

Maybe not a ferrari, but definitely a pretty nice mercedes, or a modest size condominium.

Absolutley, I live across the pond where cigarettes were less than 2 dollars a pack when i was twelve years and now that i am 44 years old and was instantly able to quit cigarettes a year and a half ago when i acquired a half decent mod after trying for a decade to quit using cheap disposables.

I did the math, (us) $40 for device, $5 a month for coils, at the most $30 a month for juice.
So just over a $1 a day, quit roughly a year ago, so $365 per year.

Smoking for 30 years, cost of cigarettes when I started was $2 a pack, now its $10 dollars a pack, so avg out to $6 a day for 30 years.

$365 per year vaping
$2,190.00 per year smoking
$65,700 total after 30 years of smoking

Maybe not a ferrari, but definitely a pretty nice mercedes, or a modest size condominium.
Hi and welcome to the planet.

certainly adds up when you work it out like that.

stay safe out there on the other side of the big pond as youve got it bad at the moment.
still cant believe they sneaked in the flavour ban while covid19 is causing so much devastation.

still cant believe they sneaked in the flavour ban while covid19 is causing so much devastation.
At the moment they seem to be (correctly) targeting pod devices.

They seem to be figuring out that kids r using pods because they r plastic and easy to conceal when having to go through metal detectors at school, n they dont smell so you cant get caught smokin in the bathrooms n by their teachers and parents

Besides, now that the tobacco companies are just buying the vape companies, as soon as they figure out how to extract nicotine so that it can be vaped, they can label their juice 'organic' and VOILA! Vaping is now a health food, yaayyyy :‐)

Last edited:
How much is a 20 deck nowadays? Has to be at least a tenner, right?

Used to be a 20 a day man for £3,650.00 a year, even with my stupid impulsive vape buying I reckon I'm on £1,000 to £1,500 a year. I'll see at the end of the year how much I've spent in 2020 but no way it's more than 3 & half g's & you still have the hardware to show for it

i could save a lot of money, if it could quit buying mods and attys. but this is how i look at it.
oh :america: here, far outside shitcago.

when i smoked, i was $25 a week (probably $30 now with inflation). which was about 3 packs a week.
so, $100 a month. if i didn't keep buying stuff i already have, i could vape a full month for about $2-3.
well, maybe a little more considering i would have to replace batteries every 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom