What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

I don't think I do but depends on how much you smoked, I was 20-30 a day myself with liquids being £9-£10 and I go through about 2 a week it doesn't seem like I do

I reckon i will do once the initial buzz of buying new kit settles down! I was spending around £80 a week on fags so say (£4160 a year) whereas i reckon once i stop buying kit (no promises!!) I should be spending around a tenner a week on juice - my local store has some amazing offers on multi buy! And they have a rewards card so every fourth visit you get free flavour, lol. So anyway, that works out at £520 a year on juice plus a pack of coils every other month (again my man has five for a tenner) so an extra £60. That means i'm saving around £3500 a year (a nice holiday for us somewhere!). Now, if only i can stop buying mods..........:bliss:

I reckon i will do once the initial buzz of buying new kit settles down! I was spending around £80 a week on fags so say (£4160 a year) whereas i reckon once i stop buying kit (no promises!!) I should be spending around a tenner a week on juice - my local store has some amazing offers on multi buy! And they have a rewards card so every fourth visit you get free flavour, lol. So anyway, that works out at £520 a year on juice plus a pack of coils every other month (again my man has five for a tenner) so an extra £60. That means i'm saving around £3500 a year (a nice holiday for us somewhere!). Now, if only i can stop buying mods..........:bliss:
took me about 18 months before i started seeing a profit.
in 4 weeks it will be 4 years cig free and ive now saved £13,600
around 4-5 grand spent in 4 years so 9 grand in pocket.

and a few shiney bits to keep me going

1.JPG

Vaping is ROUGHLY a fifth of smoking and this is a loose percentage
perhaps a tenth of the cost of smoking - really is how long is a piece of string

It depends on if you smoked cigarettes/roll-ups and of course how many per day
if you paid full retail price or duty free fags/baccy at market or Nobby down the pub

So it is hard to quantify the real cost savings for everybody
plus if you chuck big DTL clouds you go through more juice than a sneaky stealth MTL vaper
Then if you are mixing your own liquid, buying cheaper £1 or £2 juice or higher brand at £4+ per 10ml
You could go through 2 x 10ml bottles a week of £1 juice or a bottle a day/7 bottles of £4 (3 for £10) juice
Straight up basic starter or flash bastard mofo vape stuff etc....

A ball park figure on smoking is say £3,000 or so a year - give/take a grand or so
& vaping say £500 give/take a couple of hundred each year - including shiney shit
You could be spending a grand on vaping or down to say £50 if you are a content DIY RTA tight arse

Alas it is too easy to get swept along buying up more new different goodies and shiney shit
(yeah those savings you thought you was making, they are soon depleting if you're not careful)
But once you got some spares, a few good setups and then the odd not so good new setup
you tend to slow it down a bit - well just a little bit and ease up a tiny bit on the shiney new stuff

But - yes you should be saving money after the initial outlay - just don't spend it all too quickly

Vaping is ROUGHLY a fifth of smoking and this is a loose percentage
perhaps a tenth of the cost of smoking - really is how long is a piece of string

It depends on if you smoked cigarettes/roll-ups and of course how many per day
if you paid full retail price or duty free fags/baccy at market or Nobby down the pub

So it is hard to quantify the real cost savings for everybody
plus if you chuck big DTL clouds you go through more juice than a sneaky stealth MTL vaper
Then if you are mixing your own liquid, buying cheaper £1 or £2 juice or higher brand at £4+ per 10ml
You could go through 2 x 10ml bottles a week of £1 juice or a bottle a day/7 bottles of £4 (3 for £10) juice
Straight up basic starter or flash bastard mofo vape stuff etc....

A ball park figure on smoking is say £3,000 or so a year - give/take a grand or so
& vaping say £500 give/take a couple of hundred each year - including shiney shit
You could be spending a grand on vaping or down to say £50 if you are a content DIY RTA tight arse

Alas it is too easy to get swept along buying up more new different goodies and shiney shit
(yeah those savings you thought you was making, they are soon depleting if you're not careful)
But once you got some spares, a few good setups and then the odd not so good new setup
you tend to slow it down a bit - well just a little bit and ease up a tiny bit on the shiney new stuff

But - yes you should be saving money after the initial outlay - just don't spend it all too quickly
You going to answer the question?

I'm saving now after many years of vaping overspend.

Can't put a price on what I have saved my lungs from.

Back
Top Bottom