What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

just topped the £10,000 saved since giving up 3 years ago.
ok not a true total as spent at least 3-4 grand on mods,tanks,coils,juice, juice and more juice.

so 23 mods, 44 tanks, 4-500 coils, around 9 litres of juice still to show for it and over 21,000 cigs not smoked.
im happy with that.

I used to smoke 20 a day at a tenner a pop and maybe £40 a week on green stuff so about £450-500 a month. I spent about £500 in the first month getting kitted out with a couple of mods, a couple of tanks and a couple of rdas, with a load of premade juice and some diy stuff.
Been off all smokables since the middle of September so I'd say I'm definitely up financially not to mention how much healthier I feel and how less guilty I feel about the smell when I hug my missus and kids.
Vaping is the only thing that could ever have saved me from smoking and has helped me to improve my life in so many ways.

Keep it up! Start making your own juice up and it's a money saver again!
BTW loving the avatar! I got to see them in 2012 at Heaton park. Happy days!

Keep it up! Start making your own juice up and it's a money saver again!
BTW loving the avatar! I got to see them in 2012 at Heaton park. Happy days!
I was at Heaton Park too, still get goosebumps thinking about it. Saw them at Finsbury Park a year later and sad to say, the magic just wasn't the same.
I have about 700mls of juice steeping, hope it turns out ok but if not I don't mind buying premade. I'd have to get through a hell of a lot to match my previous spending :)

It really depends on the kind of vaper your are.

A). Vaping is a way for you to quit and just try to keep away from cigs. This is cheap and you will 100% save a tonne of money.
B). You enjoy vaping beyond the "quit smoking" phase, this is a hobby for you now. You like the flavors, have a few tanks and 1 or 2 good "go to" mods. You will save some money if you are smart with where and how you spend it.
C). You have accounts at GB & FT, someone just send you a PM saying there's a deal on at [insert site here]. Yeah you know you're not saving shit! :D

It really depends on the kind of vaper your are.

A). Vaping is a way for you to quit and just try to keep away from cigs. This is cheap and you will 100% save a tonne of money.
B). You enjoy vaping beyond the "quit smoking" phase, this is a hobby for you now. You like the flavors, have a few tanks and 1 or 2 good "go to" mods. You will save some money if you are smart with where and how you spend it.
C). You have accounts at GB & FT, someone just send you a PM saying there's a deal on at [insert site here]. Yeah you know you're not saving shit! :D

Depends on what kind of smoker you were too. :)

...if you were a £10 pack of marlboro's a day smoker that's £300 a month.... an extra pack at the weekend or when you went out, could be £350 a month.

... if 25g of baccy was lasting you a week then you are starting from a totally different position.

when I bought my first set up and liquid I knew that even If I just stuck at it for a week then I'd recoup what it cost me..... I think that was part of what got me through that first week. If I was a much lighter smoker then I guess it would have felt like a much bigger investment.

Saved me an absolute fortune - was easily 20-30 a day - Saturday night easily double that as thats booze night.

I agree you can spend a lot on tanks, mods and juices but it still dosent feel like the dent smoking caused.

My wallet no longer screams at me :D Wife stopped as well so beetwen us we have saved fortunes.

I spend more than when i smoked [emoji23]

But i like vaping and buying new mods, tanks and rdas and making juice etc. If i was vaping purely to stop smoking then i could just have the one setup and a few juices to keep me going and i would be saving money.

At the end of the day i could spend hundred of pounds a month of smoking and have nothing to show for it at the end.

I spend about e80 a month on coils and juice, but used to spend e300+ on cigarettes.

Back
Top Bottom