What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

If I don't buy anything else I reckon I will start having saved money by Christmas. I was a rollup smoker and spent around £90 a month.

Ohh... there's a few RTA's on fastech im interested in... and on it goes.

I have just broken even on my hardware investment, see the banner in my sig. But that is only on the tobacco I haven't bought. I have actually saved a ton more than that. When I go to the shop to get some baccy, I will get things I didn't really need, like a choccy bar or items they had on special and so on.

Milestone day today, after 54 days vaping i have passed the breakeven on that amount i spent starting up with mods, batteries, chargers, spare tanks and juice versus the amount i would have spent on smokes. From here on in i should be saving about £100 a week, minus an upgrade or two every now and then.

and surely this has to be a better life choice than smoking.

I started vaping a couple of months ago and my planned budget was not to spend more than I was spending on smoking.
It started off ok with buying a couple of kits (Aspire Zelos and Coolfire 100TC) and some spare tanks.
All was going well till May 20th got closer and I bought a boot load of flavours.
And I'm sitting here reading the forum thinking maybe another type of tank would be better for me

No, i don't save money, because i buy other things instead ;) With the help of vaping i realised, how much money i've wasted on cigarettes...

If i take out the cost of the kit, i'm still spending about half of what I did on smoking. That's only if I find bargains though. I buy monthly and it can be quite pricey to get decent flavours in the quantity I need to last the month. I might go back to making it myself, I haven't really seen how TPD affects making it yourself.

Saved enough each month to pay for my car, and can still afford to vape to my hearts content.

OP u need a poll here

iv been on and off for alot of years perhaps 9 -time moves to fast omg-

but now vape only i do find its a little more costly but i have messed up a lot of diy juice and anything i buy and dont like mod atty or juice i give to local shop to give away so its all good

Back
Top Bottom