What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Zlide tank

Johnvn

Initiate
I have just purchased the Kroma r kit with the zlide tank. I am having real issues with the coils. Some will last 3 days if I am lucky, some burn out within an hour! This is more often the case and it’s really frustrating me. I have tried all the different cooks but they all do the same. The 1.6 has the best flavour for me (MRL vape) but they just burn so quickly. I am considering trying the fireluke 22 tank or the nautilus GT mini, will these work with the Kroma r? Anybody have any reviews on either? I think it’s maybe an issue with the z coils as the exact same thing happens with my adept kit with the slide tank too. It’s so frustrating!

Hi @Johnvn and welcome to the planet.

ive not used those coils or kit but a few questions need asking.
What juice are you using and what vg/pg ratio. best use 50/50 for MTL vaping. and what wattage are you using on each ohm coil.
also are you priming the coil. few drops of juice on all the cotton around the coil and a couple of drops down the top. then start low. if you are going to use say 12 watts start at 6watts with short puffs to start with, then slowly turn up a watt every few puffs until you reach your sweet spot.

The Fireluke and GT Mini will both work on your Kroma mod. Fireluke 22 is great for flavour with the 1.5 ohm coils.

Hi @Johnvn and welcome to the planet.

ive not used those coils or kit but a few questions need asking.
What juice are you using and what vg/pg ratio. best use 50/50 for MTL vaping. and what wattage are you using on each ohm coil.
also are you priming the coil. few drops of juice on all the cotton around the coil and a couple of drops down the top. then start low. if you are going to use say 12 watts start at 6watts with short puffs to start with, then slowly turn up a watt every few puffs until you reach your sweet spot.
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I mainly use 70/30 ratio juices, my favourite of late is Nasty Juice Cush Man. When the coils actually do work the flavour with this juice is amazing! I always prime and always work my way up the watts slowly. I vape the 1.6 coil at 10.5/11w, the recommended being 10-14. It’s not just that they burn out almost immediately it can be that they have been working fine for 1 or 2 days then burn out even though I have done nothing different. When I replace the coil it doesn’t even look black or slightly burnt but it has burnt taste to the point of burning my throat if I vape. I am spending a fortune on coils and have read some reviews saying that the Z coils have become really bad quality of late so that’s why I was thinking of trying a different tank.

I have just purchased the Kroma r kit with the zlide tank. I am having real issues with the coils. Some will last 3 days if I am lucky, some burn out within an hour! This is more often the case and it’s really frustrating me. I have tried all the different cooks but they all do the same. The 1.6 has the best flavour for me (MRL vape) but they just burn so quickly. I am considering trying the fireluke 22 tank or the nautilus GT mini, will these work with the Kroma r? Anybody have any reviews on either? I think it’s maybe an issue with the z coils as the exact same thing happens with my adept kit with the slide tank too. It’s so frustrating!
Are you using the .48 ohm plex coils? If so dont go up to 20 watts, i usually vape around 16-18

Edit-nevermind, i must have been thinking of the nautilus coils, just check my box and it say 13-16

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I mainly use 70/30 ratio juices, my favourite of late is Nasty Juice Cush Man. When the coils actually do work the flavour with this juice is amazing! I always prime and always work my way up the watts slowly. I vape the 1.6 coil at 10.5/11w, the recommended being 10-14. It’s not just that they burn out almost immediately it can be that they have been working fine for 1 or 2 days then burn out even though I have done nothing different. When I replace the coil it doesn’t even look black or slightly burnt but it has burnt taste to the point of burning my throat if I vape. I am spending a fortune on coils and have read some reviews saying that the Z coils have become really bad quality of late so that’s why I was thinking of trying a different tank.
theres your problem then. 70vg is too thick for most high ohm coils like 1.6-1.8
edit
as your using a cush shortfill what strength nicotine do you vape and what ratio are the nic shots you are adding. most come with 100vg nic shot, maybe buy some 100pg nic shots and see if that helps.

theres your problem then. 70vg is too thick for most high ohm coils like 1.6-1.8
I use 100 vg and dont have that problem, vanilla ice cream lately

Edit- again, didnt see u were using those 1.6 coils, nevermind, just ignore me, i need more sleep apparently

Hi there @Johnvn welcome to the forum I use both the @Innokin adept Zlide and the Kroma Z with the 1.6 coils, I use them at 12 watts and 50/50 eliquid and not had any problems with either. I prime the coils properly and on average last about a fortnight.

Are you using the .48 ohm plex coils? If so dont go up to 20 watts, i usually vape around 16-18

Edit-nevermind, i must have been thinking of the nautilus coils, just check my box and it say 13-16
No I am using the 1.6 coils as I found the flavour better with these. I never go above 12 W max

Back
Top Bottom