What's new

Zeus x rta

Brian J

Hi all, I've been vaping for 3 years now and have recently bought my first rta the zues x. So far so good, just started to wrap my own coils...not so good. I keep getting crazy low ohm readings, I've tried 4,5 and 6 wraps still no luck. I'm using tri core fused clapton 26g*3+36g Ni80. Any help would be great,
Cheers in advance.

Hi all, I've been vaping for 3 years now and have recently bought my first rta the zues x. So far so good, just started to wrap my own coils...not so good. I keep getting crazy low ohm readings, I've tried 4,5 and 6 wraps still no luck. I'm using tri core fused clapton 26g*3+36g Ni80. Any help would be great,
Cheers in advance.

Hi Brian and welcome to the mad house ;)

A dual coil of Ni80 with those specs will be low. Around 0.1ohms I’m guessing is what you’re seeing depending on wraps.

Low ohms are nothing to be afraid of if you’re using a regulated mod. Are you not liking the vape at those ohms? Is your mod not powerful enough to power low ohm coils? What ohmage is it you’re looking for specifically? You have a preference in mind?

Hi Brian and welcome to the mad house ;)

A dual coil of Ni80 with those specs will be low. Around 0.1ohms I’m guessing is what you’re seeing depending on wraps.

Low ohms are nothing to be afraid of if you’re using a regulated mod. Are you not liking the vape at those ohms? Is your mod not powerful enough to power low ohm coils? What ohmage is it you’re looking for specifically? You have a preference in mind?
Cheers for getting back to me, I don't mind the low ohms but my smok alien 220 shows 0.00 and wont fire. Ideally I'd like to be vaping at around 50 to 60 watts. Any ideas?

Cheers for getting back to me, I don't mind the low ohms but my smok alien 220 shows 0.00 and wont fire. Ideally I'd like to be vaping at around 50 to 60 watts. Any ideas?

Yeah, the Alien has a 0.1ohm cut off in wattage mode so that’s probably why it’s not reading the coil at all.

50-60 watts is quite low for an ‘exotic’ dual coil. We’re talking closer to or above 100w for big dual coils. 50-60w would be more where you’d vape a single coil of the type you have. Even then, it may be a little weak. Can the Zeus X do single coils well? Might be worth giving that a try see how she goes. Might have to crank it up a little above 60w on a single tri-core 26g clapton. Depends though, I would personally use them at 60ish but a 0.2ohm coil at 60w is only about 3.5v. That’s not going to be warm enough for some.

Are you making these coils yourself or just wrapping from a spool?

Dual coil, 3mm inner diameter and 6 wraps should be reading around 0.12 ohm.

If the mod won't fire them because they're too low try installing one coil at a time. Install the first coil, dry burn it so that it beds in and then install the second coil and do the same again. Dry burning the coils and bedding them in can raise the resistance slightly.

Last edited:
Could also try a bigger inner diameter to push the ohms up. Not sure exactly what the Zeus X is capable of holding though.

Dual coil, 3mm inner diameter and 6 wraps should be reading around 0.12 ohm.

If the mod won't fire them because they're too low try installing one coil at a time. Install the first coil, dry burn it so that it beds in and then install the second coil and do the same again. Dry burning the coils and bedding them in can raise the resistance slightly.

This too^

Is that the problem? You can’t even get them to fire at all so you can’t dry burn and get them glowing evenly?

When first installing coils they may read a lot lower than stated or intended because they need to be gotten to glow evenly to get the ohms to settle where they should be. With your coils being right on the ohm limit of what your mod can fire, then do what Mitz suggests and do 1 at a time.

Last edited:
Could also try a bigger inner diameter to push the ohms up. Not sure exactly what the Zeus X is capable of holding though.

This too^

Is that the problem? You can’t even get them to fire at all so you can’t dry burn and get them glowing evenly?

When first installing coils they may read a lot lower than stated or intended because they need to be gotten to glow evenly to get the ohms to settle where they should be. With your coils being right on the ohm limit of what your mod can fire, then do what Mitz suggests and do 1 at a time.
That's the problem, cant dry burn coils. I'll try that thanks for the help, see how I go.

Yeah, the Alien has a 0.1ohm cut off in wattage mode so that’s probably why it’s not reading the coil at all.

50-60 watts is quite low for an ‘exotic’ dual coil. We’re talking closer to or above 100w for big dual coils. 50-60w would be more where you’d vape a single coil of the type you have. Even then, it may be a little weak. Can the Zeus X do single coils well? Might be worth giving that a try see how she goes. Might have to crank it up a little above 60w on a single tri-core 26g clapton. Depends though, I would personally use them at 60ish but a 0.2ohm coil at 60w is only about 3.5v. That’s not going to be warm enough for some.

Are you making these coils yourself or just wrapping from a spool?
Hi Haze, yea just started wrapping my own, zues x does work on singles better on double colis. I'll try dry burning one at a time. thanks for your help.

Hi Haze, yea just started wrapping my own, zues x does work on singles better on double colis. I'll try dry burning one at a time. thanks for your help.

Sweet. Let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom