What's new

Zeus x mesh problems

@TJ Vape Just to add, pads aren't very good for mesh using them, i generally use the Wotofo xfibre cotton.

It's all I use for mesh, thinly peel one side off, stretch the pad, I bunch but dont roll. I'll admit processed cotton or cotton laces is far easier. I only cut at an angle when wicking the x mesh tank, looks a bit like a mohican but it works for me. For me the x mesh is far more fussy wicking wise than the Ragnar and Titan mesh decks.

It's all I use for mesh, thinly peel one side off, stretch the pad, I bunch but dont roll. I'll admit processed cotton or cotton laces is far easier. I only cut at an angle when wicking the x mesh tank, looks a bit like a mohican but it works for me. For me the x mesh is far more fussy wicking wise than the Ragnar and Titan mesh decks.

On the Unity i stopped cutting at an angle, i cut it straight put the bottom of the Cotton in the juice well then give the top of the cotton a little trim. It works well for me that way.

@TJ Vape Just to add, pads aren't very good for mesh using them, i generally use the Wotofo xfibre cotton.
That's what I was thinking until I took off the top and bottom layers of the pad and tightly rolled the strip swiss-roll style. The result was way better than the shoelace ones that come with but I did make a bit of an arse of it with those. I'll give the wotofo a go though on your recommendation. Thanks.

I roll but don't bunch. ;)

Plenty of fluffing after a straight cut and it's been bang on.

Muji pads work a treat, it was Vaping with Vic that introduced me to it, on his Unity video I think it was.

Peel off the skins, stretch & snip off the edges, Scottish roll & you're good to go

It takes a bit longer to wick that way but it's cheaper & you don't feel bad if you mess it up as it's only a Muji pad you'll waste

I've wicked the X Mesh successfully both ways (unity style angled cut and straight methods). I don't think there's a noticeable difference in performance as long as the amount of cotton under the mesh is adequate and the "shoulders" either side are sufficient. To my mind by far the biggest factor in getting these tanks to sing and work optimally is to use the appropriate amount of cotton under the mesh, which, for most when attempting this for the first time, usually means using much more cotton than you think you need. Once you get these factors down, these tanks are extremely quick and easy to build and wick. I think this is their best asset.

In terms of flavour I've found them both to be very good, although neither are as good as a top quality regular coil RTA, with a really good set of coils and optimal airflow positioning. I have also noticed that they appear to perform differently across flavour profiles, with deserts being better on the X and fruits being better on the Unity. There's not much in it but on balance I think like @LordOdin I prefer the Unity although I'm chuffing away on an X now atop my Odin.

One thing the X does absolutely win hands down on however, is looks. It's a proper handsome attie (even with a bubble glass):
orn6mhM.jpg

Whereas the Unity is a bit on the Fugly side:
EvdRp5v.jpg

My Unity is playing me up tonight, put a new build in a couple of days ago and everything was fine, i top it up earlier and now it's crackling and farting when i vape it, it stops after 2 or 3 seconds and is ok, then the next time i vape same again crackling and spitting and have no idea why, it was ok for 2 days then this. I might have to retire it as it's doing my head in tonight.

My Unity is playing me up tonight, put a new build in a couple of days ago and everything was fine, i top it up earlier and now it's crackling and farting when i vape it, it stops after 2 or 3 seconds and is ok, then the next time i vape same again crackling and spitting and have no idea why, it was ok for 2 days then this. I might have to retire it as it's doing my head in tonight.
Cottons getting over saturated, happens to me sometimes. Wakes you up when your not expecting it :D. Time for a rewick.

Cottons getting over saturated, happens to me sometimes. Wakes you up when your not expecting it :D. Time for a rewick.

Will do it tomorrow can't be bothered with it tonight, got my Profile RDTA already built but want to use the last of the juice i have in the Unity, about 15 mil left. I have never had that happen before, the Unity popping. Weird

To my mind by far the biggest factor in getting these tanks to sing and work optimally is to use the appropriate amount of cotton under the mesh, which, for most when attempting this for the first time, usually means using much more cotton than you think you need. Once you get these factors down, these tanks are extremely quick and easy to build and wick. I think this is their best asset.
Our minds are perfectly synced in this regard. Exactly this.

The constant mantra of "super tight" on wicking mesh strips that started with the Profile is all wrong. Can't be loose either, but super tight is a deadly recipe for dry hits. Which was the bane of my life for a good while. Learned it the hard (and long) way.

Back
Top Bottom