What's new

Zeus x mesh problems

If i could answer with any conviction I'd probably have persisted with mechanical mods.
I'd have thought the resistance of the wire would affect it.

Ive got two Zeus tanks running the same build and one is on a VV mod at 2.9V and one is on a VW mod at 55W and both are hitting the same for me.
Im asking because my mod say 4.17 volts for 55 watts but my coils is .32 ohm

I've not got the intake but looking at it I'd say the coil needs to be set low and close to the airflow and the cotton needs to tuck into the juice wells so only around 1-2mm is in there.
When you offer the cotton up to the juice wells make sure it's cut level with the opening or you'll have uneven cotton and uneven wicking.
Yeah, the even part is what im referring to, ill get it eventually, more practice

Wow, I got way behind on this thread and haven't been able to catch up yet.

This is how I wick the Unity. If you don't have that top part up against the little holes inside the chamber it will gurgle and flood like there's no tomorrow. This isn't just me talking. When it came out, myself and another guy spent like 2 weeks helping guys on Reddit who were having that very issue and every time it was because they didn't have those little holes covered with cotton. There is no such feature (a good feature) and hence no such challenge with the Zeus X.

I love the Profile RDA with a single 4mm coil or a Wismec notch coil, but never could get into it with the mesh strips. I tried. For weeks. BELIEVE ME I tried.

The Profile Unity. You can actually trim a bit of an angle up there, but it MUST cover the holes.
20190411_131930_cr.jpg

Diagonal cut outside to in, upside down compared to the normal way. Guarantees big shoulders for Unity & just enough to tuck in to the juice well. Works on every mesh deck I've tried [emoji16]. That's on the Steamcrave mesh deck.
IMG_20200728_070934.jpeg

Just got my Zeus X Mesh and have tried a few builds using my usual Japanese cotton pads. I'm surprised this worked but I peeled off the smoother outer layer from the top and bottom of the pad and cut a piece about 1.5cm wide and then tightly rolled it and then trimmed and fluffed as per StrawberryRipple's instructions and it works as well, if not better, than the shoelace wicks that come with.

Just got my Zeus X Mesh and have tried a few builds using my usual Japanese cotton pads. I'm surprised this worked but I peeled off the smoother outer layer from the top and bottom of the pad and cut a piece about 1.5cm wide and then tightly rolled it and then trimmed and fluffed as per StrawberryRipple's instructions and it works as well, if not better, than the shoelace wicks that come with.

I usually cut pads in half then half them again, so it's 4 Wick strips per pad.

I'm loving all these wicking tips for the X Mesh. I'm hoping mine will arrive from Sourcemore in the next week and hopefully I can get the wicking right first time thanks to all of you. :)

I usually cut pads in half then half them again, so it's 4 Wick strips per pad.
That would be more sensible. Thanks, I'll do that going forward. It's the rolling it tight that's made a huge difference for me. I tried several builds with strips of varying sizes and experienced some monumental mesh atty dry hits that would've gagged a maggot. Since I've tightly rolled it it's pushing back at both the sprung ceramic post below and the mesh above and no more dry hits.

Back
Top Bottom