What's new

Zeus X floods deck

I would love to have one of these flooding units to try. I only wicked mine very lightly as I do with all rtas and I never had any issues.

But that's now two X owners in as many days with flooding issues. There's nothing unique about this rta as far as wicking goes and it functions perfectly with minimal wick. Something doesn't seem right here. Will be interesting to see if this becomes a recurring topic on the forum as more people purchase this rta.
I have two X's now. I quite like this tank. Like most top airflow rta's, they shouldn't leak. The only problem I had with mine was spit back due to not enough cotton through the coils. Like you say mate, could be a bad batch. Also. When I fill any of my bottom airflow rta's I always screw the top cap on slightly, take a couple of toots, then screw it on all the way. This seems to eliminate any leakage. I have two Shermans and they are a bitch to nail without leaks, but using this method, they don't leak. Works for me.

the pic you uploaded is not visible,for me at least.with no pic from the build you should propably put more cotton mate,that s the most common solution

heres my deck
tqcmZWW

Try again bud...

Screenshot_20190319-120148.png

Was thinking of ordering the Zeus X but will see if this leak problem is ‘a thing’ or not first. I must say I’m surprised that a top fill leaks and would also like to see the build in question

Was thinking of ordering the Zeus X but will see if this leak problem is ‘a thing’ or not first. I must say I’m surprised that a top fill leaks and would also like to see the build in question
They're not actually leaking. Just flooding. If it was bottom airflow a flooded deck would cause leaking but because it's top airflow the juice can't leak from the tank unless you turn it upside down. At worst you'll get a lot of spit back and may suck some juice up.

sorry if the pics doesnt load, i think its the links, i'll try to upload the files again.

BTW, just an update.

Here's what i observed with my zeus X.

I did wick the X with few cotton and after wicking i then continued to puff and no flooding only spit.

Now here's what i noticed. When i set aside my vape for a few mins, its still flooding but not so much as before. Before the juice reaches upto half of the coils now its much lower than + and - poles.

The workaround that i've been doing is, i set my watts to 100 or 90 and fires to make the juice evaporate then i blow out the funnel so that the remaining juice would spill on the air flow vents and wipe it with tissue.

What i also noticed when i blow in the funnel, the juice only comes out from the left side vent but from the right side there's really no juice coming out. So i was thinking that there may be something on the left side vent of this Zeus X that makes it to flood.

i think i solved it?!

ill post tomorrow but iwanted to make sure if this will not flood within 24hrs

ok just an update

--->i dont think its the wick but will try again to make sure.

i confirm that the flooding is now gone, here's what i did.

The gasket i'll be talking about are the default ones that came with the package the orange, blue and white.

I changed the rubber gasket ring under the glass tube with a black O-Ring.

Before, i used the same gasket as i have some extra that came from my other atty and also that came with the zeus x and none worked, all i tested was the flat O-rings.

What i have noticed, the bubble glass or the glasses that comes with the Zeus X is flat on both ends.
The gasket that came with the zeus x even the extra ones are flat as well.

I compared the glasses from my zeus dual rta and i've noticed that the zeus dual glasses has a bit rounded ends and the gaskets or O-rings that came with it are rounded not flat.

I then used the O-rings from my zeus dual to my zeus x and that worked as i can confirm just today after i woke up and had my breakfast. NO JUICE AT ALL on my deck.

i've attached my build just so you can see how i wicked my Zeus X also you can see a change from my zeus x when i used the O-ring (see Change Gasket pic)

BETTER USE A ROUND O-RING AND NOT THE FLAT ONES IF EVER YOU ENCOUNTER FLOODING.
this works for me and hope this works for others as well.
ill post the size of the O-ring i used

Attachments

• IMG_2591.JPG
    IMG_2591.JPG
    895.6 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_2592.JPG
    IMG_2592.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 771
  • IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 790
  • Changed Gasket.jpg
    Changed Gasket.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,482
Last edited:
another update...

i did rewick this time with a thicker cotton and its all good now.

added pics for the gasket i used.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.JPG
    IMG_2618.JPG
    914.7 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    875.7 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 998
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 885
You would think that it's a wicking issue. But I believe Kersey over stuffed the ports on his to test that theory out and it still flooded. May be some faulty units with a seal issue.

@kersey ?
Yeah, I put so much cotton in mine that it was overkill and all I got was a mouthful of eliquid. I tried all manner of wicking, short tails, long tails, too much, not enough etc all with the same result...a gob full of juice

Back
Top Bottom