What's new

Zeus X floods deck

mitsumi

Initiate
hi all,

can someone help me with my problem regarding zeus x.

I just recently bought a zeus x but the problem is when i don't use my vape for a minute or so the juice floods the deck.

I've tried changing the gasket, the bubble glass, rewick with a shorter, longer, thick and thin wicks but still it does the same thing.

I sold mine as I was unimpressed. Had zero problems with it tho.

But I recall @kersey had flooding issues.

Last edited:
hi all,

can someone help me with my problem regarding zeus x.

I just recently bought a zeus x but the problem is when i don't use my vape for a minute or so the juice floods the deck.

I've tried changing the gasket, the bubble glass, rewick with a shorter, longer, thick and thin wicks but still it does the same thing.
Wicking, put simply. I've had similar problems with a Dead Rabbut RTA.
Your wicking is not filling the juice ports, even if it looks like it does. This allows juice to flood the chamber.

You would think that it's a wicking issue. But I believe Kersey over stuffed the ports on his to test that theory out and it still flooded. May be some faulty units with a seal issue.

@kersey ?

You would think that it's a wicking issue. But I believe Kersey over stuffed the ports on his and it still flooded. May be some faulty units with a seal issue.
Yep, I accept that. Mine looked stuffed too.

@kersey ?

I would love to have one of these flooding units to try. I only wicked mine very lightly as I do with all rtas and I never had any issues.

But that's now two X owners in as many days with flooding issues. There's nothing unique about this rta as far as wicking goes and it functions perfectly with minimal wick. Something doesn't seem right here. Will be interesting to see if this becomes a recurring topic on the forum as more people purchase this rta.

Last edited:
Got a pic of your build?
ill post it up later.
i already tried every wicking method i saw less cotton, more cotton, shorter, longer still flood my deck.
i've changed the gasket and bubble glass same thing.

anyways, i think its an issue with the Zeus
-cant seem to link the url here.

they said to wick like this for the Zeus x and i'll try it and see if that works
xiS1mOZ

but i gotta try what IPDN suggested on that thread and see if it works.

Last edited:
I would love to have one of these flooding units to try. I only wicked mine very lightly as I do with all rtas and I never had any issues.

But that's now two X owners in as many days with flooding issues. There's nothing unique about this rta as far as wicking goes and it functions perfectly with minimal wick. Something doesn't seem right here. Will be interesting to see if this becomes a recurring topic on the forum as more people purchase this rta.

someone from another forum mentioned this and it makes sense though

[here is my train of thought: cotton touches something and adhesion kicks in, i.e. the liquid that's supposed to stay in the cotton clings to some part of the chamber. Gravitiy then pulls it down. Now we have negative pressure in the cotton, which means liquid flows into it and subsequently we have more liquid that's pouring down some wall or a post. And we just flooded the deck.

Of course, if the deck is flooded right after filling the tank, there is something wrong with the cotton in the channels. But if it takes some time to flood and it will flood again after you somehow got it out via the airflow, then make sure the cotton doesn't touch anything (too much).
As a rule of thumb: if you put the chamber section on, and there is some resistance, then there is too much cotton (if the coils are placed appropriately, of course).]

Back
Top Bottom