What's new

Zeus Dual RTA Spitback Issue

Magalzo

Hi guys, i’m a new member and wanting to get a resolution on my zeus dual issue. It spits like hell til it hurts my throat due to excessive juice. I have had no issues on my zeus single coil and tried different wicks on the dual. I’m using pre-wrapped coils by vapefly and diameter is prolly 3.0. I have uploaded photos for reference and below are my issues:

1. You might notice the coils look a bit higher but they’re 3.0, so if i set it a bit lower i noticed it almost touches the deck. My initial tries were that low and same spitback issue

2. Wicked it thick this time since i got major spitback issues on my first try, however, it still gives me tons of spitback given the thickness of its wick (notice the legs). Photos were taken after i filled up my tank, just opened it again to take a picture. I’ve dry burned my wick before placing the tank but when i open it again, it’s too wet. I don’t understand how as wicks are thick enough and juice shouldn’t be able to travel that fast to the coils

3. Ohm reads .2 and im firing it at 65w

4. No hotspots and coils heat up evenly

Hope you guys can help me out

Attachments

• BD65E4E6-7360-4E59-BECE-E18CF0AF6363.jpeg
    BD65E4E6-7360-4E59-BECE-E18CF0AF6363.jpeg
    715.2 KB · Views: 593
  • D0759F53-3CF2-48DC-8ABB-B3B6E6822838.jpeg
    D0759F53-3CF2-48DC-8ABB-B3B6E6822838.jpeg
    819.4 KB · Views: 509
  • 5FAFF509-2BF3-45F3-92C3-9AB89229ECC3.jpeg
    5FAFF509-2BF3-45F3-92C3-9AB89229ECC3.jpeg
    837.5 KB · Views: 664
  • CC973F25-5880-4C4A-A5EB-0EABF13E7C12.jpeg
    CC973F25-5880-4C4A-A5EB-0EABF13E7C12.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 520
  • 121750C2-6869-4AE2-A328-6D952570BA2E.jpeg
    121750C2-6869-4AE2-A328-6D952570BA2E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 394
Hi guys, i’m a new member and wanting to get a resolution on my zeus dual issue. It spits like hell til it hurts my throat due to excessive juice. I have had no issues on my zeus single coil and tried different wicks on the dual. I’m using pre-wrapped coils by vapefly and diameter is prolly 3.0. I have uploaded photos for reference and below are my issues:

1. You might notice the coils look a bit higher but they’re 3.0, so if i set it a bit lower i noticed it almost touches the deck. My initial tries were that low and same spitback issue

2. Wicked it thick this time since i got major spitback issues on my first try, however, it still gives me tons of spitback given the thickness of its wick (notice the legs). Photos were taken after i filled up my tank, just opened it again to take a picture. I’ve dry burned my wick before placing the tank but when i open it again, it’s too wet. I don’t understand how as wicks are thick enough and juice shouldn’t be able to travel that fast to the coils

3. Ohm reads .2 and im firing it at 65w

4. No hotspots and coils heat up evenly

Hope you guys can help me out
Try more cotton inside the coil its self.
What material are those coils made of?
Hi and welcome btw

Try more cotton inside the coil its self.
What material are those coils made of?
Hi and welcome btw

Not sure what materials they’re made of but these are the coils i use for my zeus single, no issues at all. Cotton’s already thick, strong resistance when i place them through my coils. See the legs of my wick? They’re thick right? I’ve already thinned them out by combing the cotton. Means the wicks inside the coils are thicker

It does spit a bit after being wicked and / or refilled / opened but it should stop after the excess juice has vaporized. Turn the power down low to about 30w and take half a dozen or so draws but purge the tank each time you take a draw - blow into the mouth piece for a second or two second whilst firing the mod before you inhale to allow the coils time to heat up. After you've done that, up the power back to your preferred wattage and vape.

It does spit a bit after being wicked and / or refilled / opened but it should stop after the excess juice has vaporized. Turn the power down low to about 30w and take half a dozen or so draws but purge the tank each time you take a draw - blow into the mouth piece for a second or two second whilst firing the mod before you inhale to allow the coils time to heat up. After you've done that, up the power back to your preferred wattage and vape.
Yea that’s what i’ve been doing too. Figured tank might be flooded so i fire and blow through the driptip and airflow a couple of times, but still no change.
So, if my wicking is already thick and i still get spitback, i’ll try to have longer wick legs. Perhaps my legs are too short and juice travels too fast to the coil

The legs are long enough but not even. Also the cotton thru the coil is not even and snug all the way thru.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom