What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Zenith MTL Tank - how to clean...

Dtpumbationz

Postman
hi guys - so a week almost into my vaping journey and off the cigs (surprised myself on how much I really don’t miss them...so far)!

But I want to change flavour juice and hearing a lot about cleaning the tank before changing flavours. Is this really necessary and what way is best to clean? I’ve read everything from warm soapy water soaks to ultrasonic cleaners(???) which seems like a lot.

The zenith, in my limited understanding is not able to be dismantled entirely so I’m not sure if this is also an issue?

Looking forward to your guidance and advice. Thanks

I only cleaned it when I changed the coil AND liquid. If you keep vaping the same stuff, there's no reason to do that. Main purpose (apart from "decommissioning") is to avoid phantom flavours, that is you change flavour and remainders of the previous one would affect the new one.

My cleaning ritual is usually:
* disassemble as far as possible
* rinse with hot water
* stick into bowl with hot water and cheapest vodka you can find
* leave it there over night
* rinse it
* dry with paper towel
* leave it exposed to air
* stick into drawer or use again

My shortcut cleaning ritual is:
* disassemble
* rinse with hot water
* dry with paper towel
* fill it with juice and vape away

Hi mate just take out coil open liquid fill and rinse through with warm water and then dry off or allow to dry..done this hundred times and although the tank may smell off the old juice it doesn’t taint new liquid..for a more thorough clean I have just soaked over night in stuff like Milton fluid or the like or just hot water and a little detergent and rinse well in the morning..others use a ultrasonic cleaner..
In my experience even when the tanks had a mega soak and clean it never seems to loose a liquid smell but it never affects the new liquid..

Generally I just rinse out well in warm water dry off insert new coil and juice and off I go again...

I use 4 or 5 zenith tanks at the moment with different liquid..my favourite tank.

Ok thanks guys will def give that a go..!

But do you change your coils every time you clean tank / change liquid?

Ok thanks guys will def give that a go..!

But do you change your coils every time you clean tank / change liquid?
You don’t have too if the coils good you just pop it back...I have even saved coils in cling film to put back when using same liquid again..it’s always best to wait till the coil is definitely done then wash your tank but if your using same liquid for a long period you don’t really need to washout the zenith too often..I do mine maybe once a month..they are very good tanks and don’t get gunned up so there’s no need but it’s down to you I guess but for me you could go for months on the zenith no issues only coil change when required..
I always wait till coils are done then clean and use nice fresh coil...always seems much better..

You don’t have too if the coils good you just pop it back...I have even saved coils in cling film to put back when using same liquid again..it’s always best to wait till the coil is definitely done then wash your tank but if your using same liquid for a long period you don’t really need to washout the zenith too often..I do mine maybe once a month..they are very good tanks and don’t get gunned up so there’s no need but it’s down to you I guess but for me you could go for months on the zenith no issues only coil change when required..
I always wait till coils are done then clean and use nice fresh coil...always seems much better..

Thanks mate and yeh that’s what I thought. But how about when you change liquids. Do you change the coil or keep the same one if it’s good. And do you bother washing/rinsing tank? Sorry for all the noob questions!!

Basically been running same flavour for few days and want to explore one of my others that I bought. But not sure wether to just top up with new liquid / rinse or wash / OR now wash and change coil....

Thanks mate and yeh that’s what I thought. But how about when you change liquids. Do you change the coil or keep the same one if it’s good. And do you bother washing/rinsing tank? Sorry for all the noob questions!!

Basically been running same flavour for few days and want to explore one of my others that I bought. But not sure wether to just top up with new liquid / rinse or wash / OR now wash and change coil....
Youve quoted a post that gives you the answer bud.

Sorry for being naive and a bit clueless guys. Just to get it right then, should I change the coil when changing flavours?

Sorry for being naive and a bit clueless guys. Just to get it right then, should I change the coil when changing flavours?

If it's a similar or complimentary flavour then I wouldn't bother...

If you are switching from menthol to custard and don't want to vape menthol custard, then change it.

If you don't mind the old flavour on top of the new one, no need to change(it'll fizzle out after a degree of vaping). Necessary no, ideal no, but workable, for sure, the blend of one flavour over another will only last so long and as long as they don't form an awful combined taste(like sucking an old sock) it won't be a problem. If you only vape fruit flavours(for example), they'll largely blend ok and you'll work your way from one to another without it tasting like death. This is something you'll just have to learn to gauge for yourself, it's ideal to clean and/or use a coil per flavour but it isn't a strict rule, some flavours/juices overlap very well and you can just plonk them on top of each other.

Back
Top Bottom