What's new

Would like to start to vape but very confused.

I was 'you' last year. I smoked maybe 15 rollies a day, depending on stress.

You'll get a lot of advice, which will be confusing, so I'll try to help de-confuse it! I wish I'd been told the following;

1. Just buy the zelos kit. And a bunch of spare coils (1.8 ohm), as they only last a week or two (you may get longer, but always have spare coils). Vape within the wattage printed on the coils.

2. don't be put off by a bad flavour. find at least one you like, it may take a few.

3. don't assume you *need* high nicotine. even 6mg was harsh for me, and I immediately dropped to 3mg. Same story for a VERY heavy smoker I work with. He didn't like vaping because it was so harsh. We both quit fags EASILY (at different times) on 3mg.

4. don't obsess about the cost just yet. It costs a few quid to get setup, and you may have to try a different setup before you find what you like. It's the end of cigarettes, it's worth it, and there are LOADS of money-saving tricks you can learn. But for the next few months, ignore the cost, as it WILL be cheaper in the long run.

5. Most vape shop employees know fuck all. You'll get the best advise here. I was sold a deeply unsuitable setup by a local shop. There ARE good shops around, but until you know whether or not they're talking crap, you may get screwed over/get bad advise/get put off vaping.

Good luck!

I've used Go Smoke Free and they are actually really good, cheap, easy to use and posted genuine kit very quickly.

I was 'you' last year. I smoked maybe 15 rollies a day, depending on stress.

You'll get a lot of advice, which will be confusing, so I'll try to help de-confuse it! I wish I'd been told the following;

1. Just buy the zelos kit. And a bunch of spare coils (1.8 ohm), as they only last a week or two (you may get longer, but always have spare coils). Vape within the wattage printed on the coils.

2. don't be put off by a bad flavour. find at least one you like, it may take a few.

3. don't assume you *need* high nicotine. even 6mg was harsh for me, and I immediately dropped to 3mg. Same story for a VERY heavy smoker I work with. He didn't like vaping because it was so harsh. We both quit fags EASILY (at different times) on 3mg.

4. don't obsess about the cost just yet. It costs a few quid to get setup, and you may have to try a different setup before you find what you like. It's the end of cigarettes, it's worth it, and there are LOADS of money-saving tricks you can learn. But for the next few months, ignore the cost, as it WILL be cheaper in the long run.

5. Most vape shop employees know fuck all. You'll get the best advise here. I was sold a deeply unsuitable setup by a local shop. There ARE good shops around, but until you know whether or not they're talking crap, you may get screwed over/get bad advise/get put off vaping.

Good luck!
I agree with buying extra coils but I do get 3 weeks plus out of mine at 12.5 watts.
I'm vaping 24mg and 18mg flavours and can't go less on the 1.8 coils. Much of the time the first vape from a new flavour can be what some call harsh (but I called excellent), but the next time I picked up for a vape if was quite mild. I think we're all different even to the point we inhale and exhale differently.
I used to have 1 hole showing on the Nautilus 2, opening up any more was too airy. But think my vaping style a has changed somehow as I now vape with it fully open.
You need to experiment and change things about to find what suits you.

As for GoSmokeFree, I've used them without any problems, but it's also worth looking in the discount code area of POTV as you may find cheaper.

Just to add to the excellent advice already given, it's worth knowing that the VG/PG ratio is something you need to look at as well as the nicotine content. As a general rule, PG carries the flavour better and VG produces better vapour, but the consistency of VG is much thicker than PG and a MTL tank like the ones mentioned here will struggle with high VG eliquids. Ideally you want 50/50, but 60/40 VG/PG should be fine and you might get away with some at 70/30 VG/PG (just because some brands are 'gloopier' than others). You will also get better flavour from 50/50 than higher VG at the wattages you will be using on the set ups mentioned here.

Good luck! :)

Hello again guys, it's here!!!!! My first vapeing mod, a proud looking Aspire Zelos. It looks quite straight forward and after having looked at a few tutorials on Youtube, I have it working and so far I'm already very happy with it. My usual 'welcome home' rollie has been substituted by MTL at 12W with the airflow set on the second smallest 'hole', a blueberry juice 18mg and it works a treat. The first couple of puffs were a little harsh but it's getting better by the minute. The instructions to go with it aren't very good though as they don't really say what the different modes do. Wattage is fine but then you have stuff like "stainless steel", "titanium", "nicron", "bypass" and "voltage". What do they do? I have been looking to see if there are further explanations anywhere but I couldn't find any. I haven't touched any of those and I am using it at default settings and everything seems to be fine. Should I adapt it in any way to completely fit my needs/taste?
Thank you for the new replies as they are giving me even more food for thought and I hope to be able to return the kindness you have demonstrated to novice vapers such as myself.
Take care for now
Francesco

the different wires can be confusing.
ive got 9 mods which have temperature control but never use them in TC as much prefer wattage.

so
Ni, Ni200 are nickel coils and must only be used in TC mode
Ti is titanium and TC mode only
SS stainless steel can be used in both wattage and TC
the standard 1.8, 1.6 and 0.7 are for wattage mode only and as far as i know kanthal coils.
the voltage mode isnt used much as regulated mods like the zelous change the voltage automatically when you change the wattage.
im just about to try the 0.7 in the nauty 2 for the first time. 2ml poxy tanks, i hate them already :)

I would suggest ignoring the temperature control for now; you don't need it yet. If you're getting the vape bug, I would say that in a few months look into rebuidables (enjoy premade coils and trialing the vast amount of juice available to you for now though [emoji16] ).

I'd stick with how you have it for now if it's stopping you smoking. Play with the watts by all means(between the rating of the coil used). I wish I had been as happy as you when mine first came through the door. I struggled with flavours for months.
I started like you with only air flow opened to second hole, but for no aparrent reason after a 4 months I now am happier with all holes open. Don't ask why as I don't know the answer, I just kept playing.
I also tried the 0.7 ohm coil to get more flavour which at first worked, but all my tanks are fitted with 1.8's now. Maybe it's that I got a bit more of my taste buds back.

Oh and try other flavours. I stuck with one and ended up with vapours tongue where you won't be able to taste certain flavours for a while.

A better instruction manual for all these bits and pieces you've mentioned can be found in others posts everywhere on these POTV forums. That's where I learnt.

Hello guys, me again, can somebody vouch for the online vendor "go smoke free"? They have a good choice and very competitive prices (if the articles are genuine that is).
Thank you
Francesco
Hi, I guess you've probably had your question answered. But I'll comment in case you haven't. I've placed 3 orders from go smoke free and had no problems. My last order got held up by Royal Mail and go smoke free did take 3-4 days to reply to my email. Thankfully my order arrived. Go smoke free did say that they would send me a replacement order if 1st didn't arrive. all my orders got sent out day of ordering and 2 arrived very next day. So if you have postal delays, or another problem with your order, you may wait a little for a reply from customer services. Free delivery if you spend over £25 and they send via recorded delivery too. I bought 2 stick v8 baby by smok from them. Really good deal, £32.50p you get your battery and smok tfv8 baby tank plus 3 free bottles of e liquid. I got the rainbow and a nice gold device. Good quality cheap easy to use no fuss vape.

Back
Top Bottom