What's new

worried about the Popcorn Lung diacetyl rumour (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay...i've only bought the 10mls so far..but am looking at getting shortfils soon, but not dessert flavours..cos got enought of those!

Is it possible to find out which UK brands do use diacetyl in the bigger bottles?

Not really, because since shortfills are a loophole to get round the regulations, they are unregulated. I think it might be safe to assume that companies who make trpr compliant liquids won’t use diacetyl i’m rheir shortfills. @Lee of prime vapes has confirmed that his shortfills don’t contain any banned ingredients and also drip drop have stated the same about their shortfills. I only know this as I’ve seen both of them post this info on the forum here.

If you’re unsure you could always email any particular manufacturer and ask them.

Remember also that many people don’t worry about diacetyl and think it’s scaremongering. It’s entirely a valid choice if you want to actively avoid it, though.

Not really, because since shortfills are a loophole to get round the regulations, they are unregulated. I think it might be safe to assume that companies who make trpr compliant liquids won’t use diacetyl i’m rheir shortfills. @Lee of prime vapes has confirmed that his shortfills don’t contain any banned ingredients and also drip drop have stated the same about their shortfills. I only know this as I’ve seen both of them post this info on the forum here.

If you’re unsure you could always email any particular manufacturer and ask them.

Remember also that many people don’t worry about diacetyl and think it’s scaremongering. It’s entirely a valid choice if you want to actively avoid it, though.

Well..best to just safe, just in case.

I'll check out the flavours on those sites, cheers.

if anyone finds any diacetyl mixed juice then send it to me and ill vape it.

question. if you had heard about popcorn lung when you was a smoker would you of panicked about smoking even though one cigarette has been proved to have more diacetyl in it than the strongest ever reading of e liquid. of course not.

my main flavour is custards. ive been vaping custards with diacetyl in for the past 4 years.
my body is falling apart with arthritis so i have regular 6 weekly checkups with bloods, infusion, chest x ray. and i keep getting told my chest and lungs are as clear as a non smoker even after 37 years of smoking.
thats at least 35ml a day of custard with diacetyl in it and around 15ml of all other fruit vapes.

question. if you had heard about popcorn lung when you was a smoker would you of panicked about smoking even though one cigarette has been proved to have more diacetyl in it than the strongest ever reading of e liquid. of course not.

That's the strongest ever reading in a whole 30ml bottle of ejuice.

1 cigarette contains hundreds of times more diacetyl than 30ml of the worst offending juice.

If compared to a 20 a day smoker, a vaper would have had to vape litres of the worst juice every day to get the same dosage of diacetyl.

And there has never been a single case of contracting popcorn lung from smoking.

It is complete scaremongering, of the highest order.

IMG_20190307_221257.jpg
I've started to use the store B&M for their shortfills (88vape), they are up to 80% VG, I'm using 70VG at the moment. They are pretty cheap, around £3-4. The nic shots are £1. They sell really fast so for me it's a case of keep popping in to see what they've got. I'm into their lemon merangue, apple crumble, mango, strawberry jam at the moment, round tasting so I don't get used to just one flavour. I've just bought a big batch of about 10 bottles, I'm short Steeping them at the moment. Hope this helps.

My absolute favourite flavour I get from a city centre kiosk is red cola

Last edited:
That's the strongest ever reading in a whole 30ml bottle of ejuice.

1 cigarette contains hundreds of times more diacetyl than 30ml of the worst offending juice.

If compared to a 20 a day smoker, a vaper would have had to vape litres of the worst juice every day to get the same dosage of diacetyl.

And there has never been a single case of contracting popcorn lung from smoking.

It is complete scaremongering, of the highest order.
The amount of times ive had to educate smokers on this subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom