What's new

worried about the Popcorn Lung diacetyl rumour (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question that bothers me - is vaping (0 nic strictly) is safe enough for anyone including kids?
For example I have a teenager son and we all know that sooner or later almost all teens are starting to test cigarettes and even smoking in a "stealth" mode. So if vaping a 0 nic liquid is safe enough I'd rather buy him a mini mod with liquid and set some rules on how/when and how often he can vape under my supervision instead of waiting for him to smoke some shitty cheap cigarettes behind my back.

What do you think about it?

Question that bothers me - is vaping (0 nic strictly) is safe enough for anyone including kids?
For example I have a teenager son and we all know that sooner or later almost all teens are starting to test cigarettes and even smoking in a "stealth" mode. So if vaping a 0 nic liquid is safe enough I'd rather buy him a mini mod with liquid and set some rules on how/when and how often he can vape under my supervision instead of waiting for him to smoke some shitty cheap cigarettes behind my back.

My lad started smoking, I’ve now inundated him with all manner of mods, attys and juices (3&6mg).

I don’t care about him using nicotine, I care about him getting cancer from cigarette smoke. If he ever decides that vaping isn’t for him anymore then it’s a damn sight easier to quit than smoking.

My lad started smoking, I’ve now inundated him with all manner of mods, attys and juices (3&6mg).

I don’t care about him using nicotine, I care about him getting cancer from cigarette smoke. If he ever decides that vaping isn’t for him anymore then it’s a damn sight easier to quit than smoking.
Top man [emoji4] if any of mine start smoking when they are old enough I'd do exactly the same without hesitation

maybe a good idea to start a new thread for this as this is about popcorn lung and not nicotine.
but just to add my bit...
i had my first cig at 11. 2p for a single capstan full strength and a swan match. think i was 14 when i bought my first pack and smoking ever since.
it took over 40 years to quit thanks to e cigs and not had one in 4 years.

and the answer is yes, if i had kids which i dont but i would still rather them vape than smoke.
i think the gateway effect exists but in the opposite direction. if they smoked then they might well try e cigs which we know is safer. the anti vaping brigade scaremongerers spreading more shite about how bad vaping may be. true, no one has said its 100% safe but 95% is a fookin enough proof that its better than smoking cancer sticks.

Right I’m going to say something I rarely say but.....please can we stay on topic for once! If you wish to discuss nicotine use then start a new thread and leave this one for popcorn lung please

@key4cigs
None of us on here have any hidden agenda or financially gain from any untruths surrounding this subject.
There are also many open minded people on here and trust this has been done to death.
There is a lethal dose measure (LD50) attached to pretty much everything that can be consumed from arsenic to water.
It roughly translates to 50% out of 100 subjects tested died.

Caffeine: Caffeine has an LD50 of 127 mg/kg.

The LD50 of nicotine is 6.5–13 mg/kg.

Point is tthey're both toxic and over exposure of either can kill.

At the doses we're talking about through vaping and even smoking they're both nothing more than a mild stimulants and neither are more or less addictive than the other.

Right I’m going to say something I rarely say but.....please can we stay on topic for once! If you wish to discuss nicotine use then start a new thread and leave this one for popcorn lung please
Agreed.
Can you clean it up from where this started @ page 12 i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom