What's new

Wicking (Kensei)

Thread hijack!
Kensei owners, what's the airflow like on this tank? Reviewers talk about how smooth the honeycomb makes the airflow, but it sounds rather loud in videos, but maybe that's their mike....?

Nothing like as free as the kylin but isn’t as flowy.
Noise is about the same

My philisophy for wicking all tanks (Kensei included) is to keep the cotton as short as possible. The shorter the cotton the less distance the juice has to travel to the coil and the less cotton it has to pass thru to get there. Looking at the pictures posted I see way too much cotton and I would start by cutting a third of it away. I would use the outside of the base as a marker where to place my scissors to cut the cotton. I would then fluff the ends and start to gently tuck it in starting at the bottom of the cotton that is nearest the wick port and work my way up. You don't want the cotton packed in tight but tucked in lightly as cotton expands when wet. If it starts to feel tight as you tuck it in simply stop and snip off any remaining cotton that hasn't yet been tucked in. Coil should be nice and low and as close to the airlow vent as possbile without touching it. I have my coils sat about one and a half mm above the air vent.

giving this a try now

They're the same ones as I have in my watch list. I will get. I have been trying my ss and n80 coils. An to be fair I seem to be getting better flavour with the n80. Just sometimes I get an odd taste with the n80 from time to time.

They're the same ones as I have in my watch list. I will get. I have been trying my ss and n80 coils. An to be fair I seem to be getting better flavour with the n80. Just sometimes I get an odd taste with the n80 from time to time.
I use Ni80 probably around 80% of the time. 10% Kanthal for some MTL builds and 10% SS for mech builds when I want a low resistance.

I've personally never had a funny taste from it but it's certainly possible. I know some people complain they think it tastes "metallic". Again, something that, thankfully, I've never personally suffered from.

I use Ni80 probably around 80% of the time. 10% Kanthal for some MTL builds and 10% SS for mech builds when I want a low resistance.

I've personally never had a funny taste from it but it's certainly possible. I know some people complain they think it tastes "metallic". Again, something that, thankfully, I've never personally suffered from.

yeah I have got it at around 75w on a build of about 0.18, when I'm around 65w its fine. I dry burn before hand to get rid of any chemical from being made etc. but I will be ordering them ones you have pointed out. so far, all advice from you has been spot on.

Wanting to make fused clapton can anyone recommend best wire to use been looking at wire and stuff site

Back
Top Bottom