What's new

Wicking issues with Brunhilde mtl rta

So I kind of vape dtl and mtl to be honest, my everyday carry is the Zenith tank that I run the 0.8’s at around 16-17 watts and I don’t go anywhere without it. But I do like to sub ohm when I’m at home, the reason for buying the brundhilde was because I used to love the Nautilus 2 tank for the way it draws and I heard the Brunhilde can be built in a very similar fashion but with amazing flavour

Ok, then I would be trying to replicate the Nautilus draw and take it from there.

Yes I would agree with the rest of the guys. I think you’re coil is to high as well, also if you’re wick is to tight in the coil. That could also be the cause with lack of flavour. Check this video out on YouTube it’s a great way to wick your coils.
Skint vaper Quick Wick Tutorial Cheap and Easy.

Yes I would agree with the rest of the guys. I think you’re coil is to high as well, also if you’re wick is to tight in the coil. That could also be the cause with lack of flavour. Check this video out on YouTube it’s a great way to wick your coils.
Skint vaper Quick Wick Tutorial Cheap and Easy.

thanks for that mate I will have a look at the video as like I say I am very new to rebuildables and I guess it’s just once you get the knack for it you know what to do

To be honest mate a 2.1mm airhole is pretty huge for an MTL tank - I like a loose MTL (I'm in the minority of most MTL vapers) and I wouldn't go that large a diameter. Try something in the 1.2mm range if you have it, and increase/decrease the size of the insert as appropriate.

MTL tanks can take quite a bit of fiddling around until you get it right, but once you find the air insert and coil height that works for you it gets a lot easier.

Thanks mate I shall have a mess about, going to have to buy some new coils for it now probably too, but I’ll try lowering the coil and also changing out the air holes

Hi there thanks so much for your reply, no I have only used the stock ones that came with it, I’m not massively knowledgable when it comes to rebuildables so I might maybe buy some different coils and try again
Another question to ask that springs to mind concerning the lack of flavour is, is the 50/50 nic salt Boulevard shattered the one you usually vape or the 80/20 freebase nic one? the reason I ask is, I'm a massive fan of 'Double Drips Raspberry Sherbet' but only as an 80/20, when I tried the same liquid as a 50/50 nic salt, I found it really lacking in any sort of flavour. I think it's just that some liquids don't work well with the higher PG content. But if the 50/50 nic salt variant is the one you normally use, it won't be that causing the problem! Thought I would mention it, just in case.

Another question to ask that springs to mind concerning the lack of flavour is, is the 50/50 nic salt Boulevard shattered the one you usually vape or the 80/20 freebase nic one? the reason I ask is, I'm a massive fan of 'Double Drips Raspberry Sherbet' but only as an 80/20, when I tried the same liquid as a 50/50 nic salt, I found it really lacking in any sort of flavour. I think it's just that some liquids don't work well with the higher PG content. But if the 50/50 nic salt variant is the one you normally use, it won't be that causing the problem! Thought I would mention it, just in case.

hi mate, yeah I use Boulevard shattered 50/50 nic salts in my zenith and have been for years as it’s my favourite go to, of course I’ve not tried any other liquid in the Brunhild of course but my idea is to run it at 50/50 nic salts, I would have thought anything higher would be too much for the coil to handle?

hi mate, yeah I use Boulevard shattered 50/50 nic salts in my zenith and have been for years as it’s my favourite go to, of course I’ve not tried any other liquid in the Brunhild of course but my idea is to run it at 50/50 nic salts, I would have thought anything higher would be too much for the coil to handle?
A 0.8 coil wouldn't be an issue with 80/20 liquids, it would work fine. The issue you could get with a designated MTL tank would be with the wicking, MTL tanks usually have smaller juice ports feeding the coil, so the thicker 80/20 liquid might struggle to keep the cotton saturated. If you have been using the 50/50 nic salt version for a long time previously, that won't be the issue. It was just a thought.

A 0.8 coil wouldn't be an issue with 80/20 liquids, it would work fine. The issue you could get with a designated MTL tank would be with the wicking, MTL tanks usually have smaller juice ports feeding the coil, so the thicker 80/20 liquid might struggle to keep the cotton saturated. If you have been using the 50/50 nic salt version for a long time previously, that won't be the issue. It was just a thought.
But thinking on further, the Brunhilde uses capillary action to feed straight to the cotton as opposed to juice inlets in the chimney being the feed method. So that being the case, 80/20 liquid should also work fine.

I use the Brunhilde MTL RTA and I get great flavour from it, really nice.

I can't see what's wrong with your build, and I find it fairly forgiving generally too. Coil position is pretty much what I have. I may be wrong, but I wouldn't have thought the type of coil would make THAT much difference, as long as it's heating up enough to vaporise the juice in sufficient quantity. FWIW I use a 1.2ohm kanthal coil at about 14w normally 7 wraps of 27/8 awg or thereabouts.

Hope you get it working, I think it's worth persisting with.

Yeah definitely worth mentioning thanks very much mate, was always a bit confused why people were using pods and things with 70/30 and higher liquids

Back
Top Bottom