What's new

Wicking issues with Brunhilde mtl rta

I have it on a g-priv baby single 18650 at the moment, and from the reviews I’ve seen people have the 0.8 coil running between 15-18 watts and I got no flavour at all, I’ve tried it up to 25 and there is a slight improvement in flavour but I thought this might just be because it’s a too high of a wattage for the coil

What screw in airflow insert have you fitted? Personally I would start somewhere in the middle - if you are using a larger one you may be lettingb too much air into the tank. If you don't have any airflow insert in position you are effectively turning it into a DTL tank which will need considerably more power (and probably a biggefr, lower ohm coil). Try a smaller airflow insert.

Have you tried any you tube video's, with not owning the Tank i don't know much about it.

What screw in airflow insert have you fitted? Personally I would start somewhere in the middle - if you are using a larger one you may be lettingb too much air into the tank. If you don't have any airflow insert in position you are effectively turning it into a DTL tank which will need considerably more power (and probably a biggefr, lower ohm coil). Try a smaller airflow insert.

I’m using the 2.1mm so second to biggest, I could maybe try a smaller one, but do you think that would be the issue as it’s only 0. of a mm it would decrease it by?

Have you tried any you tube video's, with not owning the Tank i don't know much about it.

oh yeah I always do my research before I buy any tank, so I’ve watched multiple, and I’ve basically followed step by step just don’t know why I’m not getting any flavour from it

I’m using the 2.1mm so second to biggest, I could maybe try a smaller one, but do you think that would be the issue as it’s only 0. of a mm it would decrease it by?

To be honest mate a 2.1mm airhole is pretty huge for an MTL tank - I like a loose MTL (I'm in the minority of most MTL vapers) and I wouldn't go that large a diameter. Try something in the 1.2mm range if you have it, and increase/decrease the size of the insert as appropriate.

MTL tanks can take quite a bit of fiddling around until you get it right, but once you find the air insert and coil height that works for you it gets a lot easier.

Have you tried any other coils? I found the Vapefly coils provided in the kit to be not that great. I use 28 ga Kanthal wound round a 2.5mm coiling rod for about 6 wraps, which provides quite a higher resistance than the 0.8's you are using, coming in around 1.4ish. I use the 1.2mm airflow insert and run it around 12 watts which gives, for me, a lot better flavour than the coils included. I have never found a sub-ohm coil that works for me for MTL. I find 1.2 to 1.8 ohm a lot better with 50/50 nic salts.
I hope this helps, the Brunhilde is a great tank when you get it working where you want it.

I think you need to decide how you want to vape it first. Decide on the type of draw you want from it. Do you want a tight MTL draw or a loose one or a restricted DL. Then you can adjust the wattage to suit that draw. How do you normally vape @W3ORTY ?

To be honest mate a 2.1mm airhole is pretty huge for an MTL tank - I like a loose MTL (I'm in the minority of most MTL vapers) and I wouldn't go that large a diameter. Try something in the 1.2mm range if you have it, and increase/decrease the size of the insert as appropriate.

MTL tanks can take quite a bit of fiddling around until you get it right, but once you find the air insert and coil height that works for you it gets a lot easier.

Okay thank you I shall try this! :)

Have you tried any other coils? I found the Vapefly coils provided in the kit to be not that great. I use 28 ga Kanthal wound round a 2.5mm coiling rod for about 6 wraps, which provides quite a higher resistance than the 0.8's you are using, coming in around 1.4ish. I use the 1.2mm airflow insert and run it around 12 watts which gives, for me, a lot better flavour than the coils included. I have never found a sub-ohm coil that works for me for MTL. I find 1.2 to 1.8 ohm a lot better with 50/50 nic salts.
I hope this helps, the Brunhilde is a great tank when you get it working where you want it.

Hi there thanks so much for your reply, no I have only used the stock ones that came with it, I’m not massively knowledgable when it comes to rebuildables so I might maybe buy some different coils and try again

I think you need to decide how you want to vape it first. Decide on the type of draw you want from it. Do you want a tight MTL draw or a loose one or a restricted DL. Then you can adjust the wattage to suit that draw. How do you normally vape @W3ORTY ?

So I kind of vape dtl and mtl to be honest, my everyday carry is the Zenith tank that I run the 0.8’s at around 16-17 watts and I don’t go anywhere without it. But I do like to sub ohm when I’m at home, the reason for buying the brundhilde was because I used to love the Nautilus 2 tank for the way it draws and I heard the Brunhilde can be built in a very similar fashion but with amazing flavour

Back
Top Bottom