What's new

Where am I going wrong?

As surely high mg nic & low nic & high wattage / larger builds both lead to different kinds of harder 'hit'. The aromamizers seem to be well regarded, might have to give that a pop..... Just had a look at this coilology multipack & it says the coils are 3mm. Does anyone use a larger diameter than this?
I know this seems like a stupid question and someone might already have asked it (but I ain't reading all 4 pages again), but have you tried messing about with the airflow?

I kinda get what your saying....... i think. So when im having a play with my dead rabbit for instance if the airflows wide open i find it too airy for me and the vape feels wispy....not as thick/meaty as when i shut the airflow down a bit.
That what you mean.....sort of?

You shouldn't have higher than 6mg strength for DTL or it will be harsh on your throat.
That might well turn out to be the 'hit' he's after! ;)

Whilst it's advisable to drop the nic content for sub-ohm DTL tanks and drippers to 6 and 3 mg, there are people out there (with asbestos lungs) who do like higher nic juices in them. That's the problem with queries like these - what works for one person may not for someone else! :D

That might well turn out to be the 'hit' he's after! ;)

Whilst it's advisable to drop the nic content for sub-ohm DTL tanks and drippers to 6 and 3 mg, there are people out there (with asbestos lungs) who do like higher nic juices in them. That's the problem with queries like these - what works for one person may not for someone else! :D
Yep! You might just have nailed it :D

.... also ..... just to be clear ..... it's more often than not the amount of metal in the coil that lowers the resistance and affects the vape. Whilst the ID is something to look at, especially when wicking, it's not the most important factor in choosing a coil. A crap off-the-shelf coil will be a crap off-the-shelf coil no matter what atty you put it in. There are people on here who will have tried various builds of their own and really got the best from any atty ........ including the Avocado.

@Rordog17 I've done a bit of messing about with the avocados just lately.I recently bought a 22 and a 24 from another ape on here.I bought them purely because I had an option of a single coil or double.What I have found is the double coils set up just requires too much power to get a good flavour.I opted in the end for a simple 0.5 ohm clapton coil (pre made) with the wicking (a light sliding fit) just protruding through the holes at about 5mm.The ceramic plug is fitted on the other side but it runs a little sweeter even and more airy when I leave the ceramic plug out. It also negates any vacuum issues with all of the juice holes plugged up with wet cotton.
I'm talking 20 watts and upward to no more than 30 watts maximum even with an 80/20 juice.
It's working very well using this set up on both tanks
Flavours do change also when you mess with the air flow.
Slow and prolonged 3-4 second draws seem to be the right method for me

Edit As @Jackymax suggested the airflow is still critical on these and it changes with each juice I use

I see what you you did there... . I will try single coil tommorow withought the plug. I see what you mean about the vacuum good idea. Getting varying levels of success but still not quite what I'm looking for. It's definitely not more nicotine though. Im building some coils once I have some wire. Going to try an rda then I don't have to worry about the wicking as much. Hopefully this dog gets a banging cottage pie & a break from the vice of the cigs & not a bitten tail & a need to take to the interwebz for advice.

The solution is simple, go buy the tank your friend had that you enjoyed. It's still no clearer what your issue is, other than you're not getting on with the tank you bought.

That would be a cop out in my opinion, non replaceable battery & coil heads. Not the route I want to go down. Though I am very tempted. Those premades are just coils & cotton essentially right?

Back
Top Bottom