What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Where am I going wrong?

Rordog17

Postman
I've got the 7 in 1 SS coils from Coilology in the avacado 24 with cotton bacon. I've tried wicking it a 1000 times. I'm getting no flavor at all just a slight burnt taste. Really feel like giving up at the moment. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 1524224111559471697317.jpg
    1524224111559471697317.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 15242246117781571409654.jpg
    15242246117781571409654.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
No flavour and a slight burnt taste tells me it's either 2 things
1 a slight hot spot on one of your coils or 2 too much cotton through the coil

Should the cotton be slightly snug in the coil? I have left little gaps in the wicking holes aswell. Thanks for the reply. I have looked online for answers but I feel like I'm doing all the obvious things. Any help would be massively appreciated. I don't want to give up on the tank

Those are the Juggernaut coils and they're crap. Try the fused. Then, maybe you don't like stainless wire [I don't] so try the NiChrome version. Yes, it should be snug in the coil, but not to the point the coil deforms when pulling it through. Too loose and it will spit.

I know they are budget coils but I dont want to spend more money on coils til I know what I'm doing. I went for the stainless cos people seem to think they're good for flavor same with the tank. Just doesn't seem to be the case for me yet. I Tried a friends aramax power with premade coils and it only vapes at 55w but the vape was just really full. A different ball game altogether. He keeps telling me just to get one of those but I don't want to give up on the avacado when people have said it's a really good tank.

Coilology coils are decent for what they are [Demon Killer coils are terrible by comparison] - try something other than the Juggernauts from the variety pack.

I've just tried the tri core fused. Wicked loads looser in the coil. Still the same no flavor & the vapes not full at all

Has anyone tried the avacado & not been keen? Or rdtas in general? The coils seemed to be heating evenly no hot spots. Not sure where to put the blame now

Cotton bacon can take a tank or to bed in. You don't mention what ohm the coils are & what wattage your using.

Ok newbie here so coming out with a random question.

Are you getting flavour from other vapes? Is it just this one where you don't?

Back
Top Bottom