What's new

what's with the red/green flashes on my charger?

sabre

Postman
I've had 2 ego batteries for a while and when I charge them the light on the charger goes red and when the battery is charged it goes green.
I got a vision ego mega twist this week and the charger goes red with a little green flash every few seconds. I've not yet seen it go fully green even after a few hours because I usually lose patience and disconnect it. What's the norm for these things?

I've had 2 ego batteries for a while and when I charge them the light on the charger goes red and when the battery is charged it goes green.
I got a vision ego mega twist this week and the charger goes red with a little green flash every few seconds. I've not yet seen it go fully green even after a few hours because I usually lose patience and disconnect it. What's the norm for these things?

Do you know the mAh rating on your ego batteries and the ego twist?

All 900 MAh, I just checked the order and the new twist is "Joyetech eGo-C Twist VV"

Mine does the same I believe it indicates that the battery is nearly charged as if you leave it eventually maintains the green light

But mine after flashing takes less than a few hours to maintain colour, how long are you charging for before the flashing starts and what is the nah rating of the battery the bigger the man the more the charge required.

All 900 MAh, I just checked the order and the new twist is "Joyetech eGo-C Twist VV"

I have 650mAh, 1100mAh and a 1200mAh VV, respectively they take 2 hours, 3 hours and 3/4 hours to charge.
I never use my PC USB ports, I always use the USB wall plug, they all start off red and within an hour there is an intermittent green flash.
This green flash gets steadily stronger than the red, my USB wall plug has red and green lights too, when the green is off on the plug and the battery is a steady green I know it is fully charged... :)

I experienced this if I was charging an eGo in the car. I then changed to a 1A car charger, and it stopped the problem. The original charger was 500mA output.

Also try turning the twist down to 3.8v when charging. Probably wont do anything, as I dont know what the f*ck I am talking about, but it sounds good :lol1:

my egos have always done that too. red with the odd green flash then eventually just green. my wall to usb converter stays red but when the actual charger goes green, it's charged. sometimes does take a few hours on the bigger ones though.

Although my front usb on the PC is aways on, I've plugged it into a wall charger and it's doing the same thing. I'll leave it there all day and see if it ever goes green....

PS before I finished typing this it just went green flashing red.
Thanks for the help, I've got quite attached to it already.

Generally it is recommended to charge the battery full before using it for the first time. I have a usb charger for my e cigarette and it gives green light on charging completely.

Yup, tis simply the batteries way of saying "nearly done mate, but don't rush me"

What "speed" (mAh) is your actual charger, it will usually say on it somewhere.

Some batteries come with faster chargers than others, so it can take an age to get a full charge.

If it's 500 mAh should only take couple of hours (divide battery size by charger speed) If it's considerably less than that, it will take considerably longer :D

(One of my usb chargers only has 150 output, so would take close to 6 hours to charge a 900 mAh battery)

Back
Top Bottom