What's new

what was the lowest nic mg strength you needed to quit?

Started on 6mg in a CE4, it wasn't exactly easy but I was so amazed that this shit was like smoking that I persevered, having more than one flavour really helped me too, switching when I got too much of a craving got me through. Moved down to 3mg when the first sub tanks came out and now 3mg all round. Sometimes mix at 1.5% as well and could drop to that full time if I could be arsed. That said I do like some high strength nic salts!

Just a little update guys.
I tried going from 1.5mg straight to zero but couldn't do it so mixed down to 0.75mg and today I started using a batch I mixed last week that is only around 0.375mg and I'm perfectly ok with it so far.
I don't know yet if I will try and half that one last time as it would be a huge waste of a nic shot but the way things are going I think I might be off both cigs and vaping by christmas which would mean it took me a year and a half to quit.
I used to smoke tobacco(around 20-30 rollies a day)if I manage to get off both fags and vaping I'll be in very polite terms totally fn over the moon.
Wish me luck!

Started on 6mg went to 3mg soon after now I'm on 0mg. I started vaping on the 19th January this year. So 9 months and I've quit nicotine. I was smoking 20-30 fags a day before vaping

started by using 18mg found that to be a bit to strong so moved on to 6mg for about a month then went on to 0mg for about a year then went on holiday to great yarmouth went to main vape shop there but the new juice that i wanted was only in 18mg - 3mg so i got a bottle of 3mg and been using 3mg ever since and thats been just over a year now so i dont think i will be changing again too soon..........

Been nic free for a week now. Poured all my 3mg juice down the sink (it was crap juice to be fair) gonna keep vaping 0mg for a while as I quite enjoy the hobby. Just got into mechs and have 2 mech squonkers coming shortly. Going onto 0mg juice was easy. Haven't really noticed the difference

Just a little update guys.
I tried going from 1.5mg straight to zero but couldn't do it so mixed down to 0.75mg and today I started using a batch I mixed last week that is only around 0.375mg and I'm perfectly ok with it so far.
I don't know yet if I will try and half that one last time as it would be a huge waste of a nic shot but the way things are going I think I might be off both cigs and vaping by christmas which would mean it took me a year and a half to quit.
I used to smoke tobacco(around 20-30 rollies a day)if I manage to get off both fags and vaping I'll be in very polite terms totally fn over the moon.
Wish me luck!

Good luck.
I think you are going about it in the right way, in gradual steps.

Have been vaping since Sept 2016.
I quit over the course of two months using 18 mg (MTL with 1.2 ohm coils in a TFV4).
At some point I tried 24 mg very briefly but desisted quickly, then tried dropping to 12 mg but it didn't work out at that time.
Currently I use 18 mg via mixed DTL / MTL on 0.25 ohm - which is generally ok, but I think it's making me too drowsy at times so want to step it down to at least 12 mg soon, as an 'experiment'. Will look up the advice re. diluting liquid down on here...
If anyone has any advice on the above, comments will be most appreciated, as I was wanting to ask about this.

best wishes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom