What's new

what was the lowest nic mg strength you needed to quit?

BertieBasset

Initiate
Hi,
I have been vaping now for just over a year and originally started on 24mg nicotine strength liquid and have worked my way down to 1.5mg strength using different brands liquids in the following strengths if I can remember correctly......24mg>20mg>18mg>16mg>12mg>8mg>6mg>3mg>1.5mg
The 1.5mg liquid I'm currently using is a shake'n'vape because I couldn't find many of the names like vip,vapemate etc making any 1.5mg strength liquids,I think the lowest they make is 3mg strength.
Anyway,as you can see I have virtually no willpower and have had to step down my nicotine intake in very small increments over the year.
Is it worth going to 0.75mg next or should I just go to 0 strength next?
What was the lowest strength you used to quit?

Nice going fella. Still om 3mg myself.
Personally I'd go 0mg but have to hand some 1.5 or 0.75mg 'just in case'

gave up with 12mg, still vape 12mg ..... I occasionally vape 18, 11, 9 and 6mg.

vaping 9mg right now which I got by mixing 18 and 0 ... I could switch to this but I am vaping quite a lot more, so it seems counterproductive.

You can still mix your juice down a bit to keep stepping down til you are comfortably on zero mg nic. Vape at zero til you find you no longer are tooting that often, then let yourself naturally fade off from vaping if that is what you are looking to do.

Worst thing you could do is drop to zero and find yourself hitting higher mg again as you dropped too soon.

Also it isnt just willpower, it is also wanting to. No point forcing yourself to zero if you dont want to.

Tried 24mg but had to up it to 36mg in 2012 but instantly stopped smoking once I committed to vaping.
You could mix 3mg with 0mg to get 1.5 then again 0mg with 1.5 to get 0.75 and so on and so on as @Miss Pepper says.

As said above I reckon go to 0mg next.

I started on 18mg and have worked my way down to 0mg now. Considering quitting now :)

Used to smoke just short of 100g of baccie a week and quit with a ego and 12mg dekang juice after somewhere near 6 months dropped to 8mg juice and better tanks (kayfun) stuck with that for about 3 months then moved onto 3mg and RDA's and mechs for about 3 month then got into diy and dropped to 1mg and been there for the last 5 or so years but used a mixture of mechs and regulated and tried to get back into tanks (and failed I'm a dripping junkie) and will never stop the 1mg cos I love it too much and I own 12 litres of 72mg nic which would be a waste if I quit the nic [emoji23]

Used to smoke just short of 100g of baccie a week and quit with a ego and 12mg dekang juice after somewhere near 6 months dropped to 8mg juice and better tanks (kayfun) stuck with that for about 3 months then moved onto 3mg and RDA's and mechs for about 3 month then got into diy and dropped to 1mg and been there for the last 5 or so years but used a mixture of mechs and regulated and tried to get back into tanks (and failed I'm a dripping junkie) and will never stop the 1mg cos I love it too much and I own 12 litres of 72mg nic which would be a waste if I quit the nic [emoji23]
Jes I did 50g unfiltered in around 5-6 days so 100g per week and quitting with 12mg must have been a right system shock.
Thought i had a supply in just short of 4ltr I'll come to you when I'm running low. :hugs:

Jes I did 50g unfiltered in around 5-6 days so 100g per week and quitting with 12mg must have been a right system shock.
Thought i had a supply in just short of 4ltr I'll come to you when I'm running low. :hugs:
Oh it was a system shock alright [emoji5] but when I started smoking I always hated the taste but loved the nic so when I found dekang torro rouge (Spanish for red bull) and tasted it for the first time I was hooked on flavour and some how that became more important than the nic so for 2 weeks I felt like death walking but it was worth it for flavour so I stuck with it [emoji5]

Nice going fella. Still om 3mg myself.
Personally I'd go 0mg but have to hand some 1.5 or 0.75mg 'just in case'

Thanks,I think I will try zero but keep a 0.75mg back-up handy like you advise.
BTW when moving from 3 to 1.5 I failed twice so I wish you good luck and im sure you will get there.

Back
Top Bottom