What's new

What kanthan wire to buy........

Nathan Vapes

Postman
Apes need your advice, I want to start building my own coils basic coils nothing fancy so going to go with Kanthal but just wondering what type to buy?? looking at 0.1/0.2 ohms not really sure on wraps etc will check youtube once wire has been bought and delivered but open to all help from you guys.........
Thanks in advance

Use Steamengine to see what your coils will come out at. Wouldn't bother with Kanthal as to get that low will need a ton of wire & is slow to ramp up. SS316 or Ni80 would be better.
What mod/attie are you going to be using such low builds on.

Use Steamengine to see what your coils will come out at. Wouldn't bother with Kanthal as to get that low will need a ton of wire & is slow to ramp up. SS316 or Ni80 would be better.
What mod/attie are you going to be using such low builds on.
I was look at steam engine and trying to get my head round it, thought i needed to have the wire information first before I used it........will be on a voodoo too with a drop rda, friend in my local vape lounge built me one today and was impressed with it gave good flavour I'm open to all suggestions though at this point i really want to get the best out of my liquids really......im such a newbie i feel embarrassed.....

6 wraps at 3mm i/d in Ni80 24awg will be just over 0.4ohm. Half that as it's dual coil to make it around 0.2ohm.
In SS316 26awg it's about the same, 6 wraps 3mm.
Bear in mind the lower the ohm the less time your batteries last & more juice you'll use.
I use Brochrome (flat Ni80 at 25awg) in my Drop at 0.25ohm(ish) as there's more surface area which will give more flavour I find.

And we were all newbies once. If you don't ask questions you can't learn so don't feel embarrassed.

I use Stealthvape for my wire but there are others (apparently lol).

@Nathan Vapes you might find using the wire wizard easier to get your head around.
Adjust the diameter to what you want
Select wire type & awg & by changing the number of wraps you can see roughly what the resistance should be. Also changing awg & wire type.
Bear in mind though that Titanium (Ti), Nickel (Ni) & NiFe30 are TC wires only & can't be used in wattage mode.

2018-04-21.png

6 wraps at 3mm i/d in Ni80 24awg will be just over 0.4ohm. Half that as it's dual coil to make it around 0.2ohm.
In SS316 26awg it's about the same, 6 wraps 3mm.
Bear in mind the lower the ohm the less time your batteries last & more juice you'll use.
I use Brochrome (flat Ni80 at 25awg) in my Drop at 0.25ohm(ish) as there's more surface area which will give more flavour I find.

And we were all newbies once. If you don't ask questions you can't learn so don't feel embarrassed.

I use Stealthvape for my wire but there are others (apparently lol).

This one?
http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/wire/brochrome-nichrome-80-flat-wire

With this do you suggest the 6 wraps at 3mm?

Either one. You just add or remove a wrap to adjust the resistance. It's a bit of trial & error finding the right build but you will get it. Don't be scared to practise, wrapping coils gets easy pretty quick, it's the wicking that frustrates & can take longer to get consistent.
I know only too well :banghead::D

That's excellent thank you for all your help..... next question to ask you is what do you use to build your coils I got the coilmaster kit v3 I think has the wire building doodahs in there but not sure how to use them :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom