What's new

Washing coils?

what liquids are you using out of interest?
I using VIM device Dl/MTL coils - been trying different stuff- cheap 50/50 liquids, middle - Vjuice 50/50, better quality Ohmbrew / UJuice, 50/50.
Most often fruity and or sweet ( which I know now doesnt help keep coild long or clean ) - blueberry/custard, berries - but my most successful and best so far (likely stick with these for a while) - 'Sweetie' line by Liquavape - Cola and Twister lolly - although 70/30 ( JACV says 70/30 is fine in the device and coil) - feels cleaner, more flavour, nice smoke, colourless liquid too which I guess helps cleaner coil too.

Ta muchos

I using VIM device Dl/MTL coils - been trying different stuff- cheap 50/50 liquids, middle - Vjuice 50/50, better quality Ohmbrew / UJuice, 50/50.
Most often fruity and or sweet ( which I know now doesnt help keep coild long or clean ) - blueberry/custard, berries - but my most successful and best so far (likely stick with these for a while) - 'Sweetie' line by Liquavape - Cola and Twister lolly - although 70/30 ( JACV says 70/30 is fine in the device and coil) - feels cleaner, more flavour, nice smoke, colourless liquid too which I guess helps cleaner coil too.

Ta muchos
Like @oldhippydude I tried the same. Coils were usable after washing but never quite as good, went onto trying to rebuild the Protank stock coils and then moved over to rebuildables. Give it a go, but you might find it helpful to stick to similar flavours as there is likely to be some residue. :)

Used to do it quite a bit back in the day when i did Aspire tanks. A steep in boiling water and then a nasty cheap vodka.....one for me and one for the coils!! Worked sometimes, didn't others depending on previous juices through it. Now progressed to RDA's and squonking so don't bother anymore. With these do as someone said above...under the hot tap a couple of times, couple of quick fire ups and that does the job. Rewick and off ya go. Depending on age of coil or recent juices it doesn't always shift so i'm forced to change. God i'm lazy these days.

Like @oldhippydude I tried the same. Coils were usable after washing but never quite as good, went onto trying to rebuild the Protank stock coils and then moved over to rebuildables. Give it a go, but you might find it helpful to stick to similar flavours as there is likely to be some residue. :)
I tried washing some stock coils once in my early days of vaping to get rid of the previous flavour. Rinsed them out in hot water, left them on a radiator to dry. I tried one when they had dried, put it in the tank, filled the juice up, and it tasted like used toilet paper. Some thing you try, but it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom