What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Washing coils?

Iftkhar Rashid

Postman
I seem to remember coming across a video or something about washing your coils when looking for some sort of DIY your own stock coils thing.
Anyways, is it a good idea? Anyone do this?
Following from another thread where it is mentioned that the coils aren't burning out - rather they're just getting dirty and nasty - hence assumption that they done for.
I've actually a couple that I washed out - boiling water bath - and dried thoroughly - they look nice and clean/white again - dya reckon its a good idea to pop em back in device and try?

Cheers me dears

Yeah I used to this. It certainly prolongs the life a bit. Nothing to lose mate put them in and puff away. Only you will know if it has worked for you.

Yeah I used to this. It certainly prolongs the life a bit. Nothing to lose mate put them in and puff away. Only you will know if it has worked for you.
Cheers yeah they look nearly new - just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing that is a major wrong-un!

Ive tried it myself. It works as a desperate back up I guess, but I never got any quality of flavour after that. (I put them in boiling water for a bit then let them dry out fully)
If you want to try different flavours/save money etc etc then go with rebuildables. Easy to say but its the best recommendation I can offer.

Coincidentally I've has a coil soaking in alcohol for 12hrs. It looked cleaner but on disassembly it was just as gunked up inside.

I take out the cotton with the rda and coils still attached, pulse until it glows then run under cold water. Do it a couple of times it cleans of the gunk and makes em almost looking new, I dont do it too hot though as I use ss316L coils but it works

I seem to remember coming across a video or something about washing your coils when looking for some sort of DIY your own stock coils thing.
Anyways, is it a good idea? Anyone do this?
Following from another thread where it is mentioned that the coils aren't burning out - rather they're just getting dirty and nasty - hence assumption that they done for.
I've actually a couple that I washed out - boiling water bath - and dried thoroughly - they look nice and clean/white again - dya reckon its a good idea to pop em back in device and try?

Cheers me dears

I was their once.

Resent the cost of stock coils. (protank coils, probably before your time)

Discover some folk prolong them by cleaning ( used the alchohol soaking method mentioned by bellyman)

Discover cleaning makes them a bit better but not much (only worth doing in an emergency when a coil is really crap and you can not get another for a few days)

Discover you can rebuild the whole coil unit. (this might be possible depending on the coil but there will be a learning curve and I do not regard it as wasted time because I learned stuff and could eventually build a good one sometimes)

If you are going down the road outlined above just get a rebuildable, they are made for it and are easier and if you are thinking about rebuilding stock coils, you are probably the type of person that will end up there eventually anyway.

Worth a try for sure, make sure they are fully dry though or they'll be popping and spitting like crazy. I've done it before, it worked to an extent but they aren't ever as good as new.

Back
Top Bottom