What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Voltage locked on Tesla 120W Steampunk mod..any way of fixing?

Deaf Vaper

Veteran
Hello vaping apes!

Okay..now then, with my 2nd anniversary just around the corner, i'm not exactly a newbie persay...but i have a problem with one of my oldest and favourite mods....the Tesla 120w Steampunk Nano. It has somehow, managed to lock the voltage at a fixed 47.5 watts...and no matter what i do to the settings, it won't adjust up or down from that at all. I can adjust other settings...i can switch it on and off, but not bloddy wattage! I have changed the batteries (just incase they were knackered), checked inside..cleaned it..but to no avail. It'll only fire at 47.5 watts!

Is the chip buggered..or have i done something to it to locked at that wattage unknowingly?

The mod is getting on for 2 years old (1st started using it Apr 2018) and has only had moderate use over the last few months or so. I had checked the inside to see if juice had got in there..can't see any. Me thinks the chip is semi fooked!

I have other mods i can use..but if there is anything that you lovely folks can suggest to get it working properly again...then much obliged to ya.

Oh..and if you don't what one looks like here's a piccy of it! :D

PS: i know it says 50 watts on the screen, but this pic was taken when i first fired it up!!! I normally fire that Crown tank at 65 watts.

2018-04-06 1st day tooting the Steampunk w Crown SE 1 tank.JPG

PPS: if this is buggered..then i quite fancy getting it's bigger sister..the 220w punk model....any good deals to be had on for those anywhere?

Last edited:
Hello vaping apes!

Okay..now then, with my 2nd anniversary just around the corner, i'm not exactly a newbie persay...but i have a problem with one of my oldest and favourite mods....the Tesla 120w Steampunk Nano. It has somehow, managed to lock the voltage at a fixed 47.5 watts...and no matter what i do to the settings, it won't adjust up or down from that at all. I can adjust other settings...i can switch it on and off, but not bloddy wattage! I have changed the batteries (just incase they were knackered), checked inside..cleaned it..but to no avail. It'll only fire at 47.5 watts!

Is the chip buggered..or have i done something to it to locked at that wattage unknowingly?

The mod is getting on for 2 years old (1st started using it Apr 2018) and has only had moderate use over the last few months or so. I had checked the inside to see if juice had got in there..can't see any. Me thinks the chip is semi fooked!

I have other mods i can use..but if there is anything that you lovely folks can suggest to get it working properly again...then much obliged to ya.

Oh..and if you don't what one looks like here's a piccy of it! :D

PS: i know it says 50 watts on the screen, but this pic was taken when i first fired it up!!! I normally fire that Crown tank at 65 watts.

View attachment 210970

PPS: if this is buggered..then i quite fancy getting it's bigger sister..the 220w punk model....any good deals to be had on for those anywhere?
Hi mate. Have you tried this from Tesla.
  1. You can lock the power by holding down the fire button and the minus button. It will display the power lock mode on the display screen.
  2. To unlock it, just repeat the same process and the display will read that you are in the power unlock mode.

Hi mate. Have you tried this from Tesla.
  1. You can lock the power by holding down the fire button and the minus button. It will display the power lock mode on the display screen.
  2. To unlock it, just repeat the same process and the display will read that you are in the power unlock mode.

Hello Tazz....well..whadya know...that fixed it! What a clot i am!! I tried everything else bar that! Time for one of these i think.....
:blondmoment::imstupid

Well..thank you me aussie chum....for a moment there i thought this thing was fooked!

:thankyou::goodjob::thankssign: Cheers buddy...that's that sorted then!

Are you looking forward to the new AFL season? Or should i ask..are their any stadiums still left standing..after the fires?!

Last edited:
Hello Tazz....well..whadya know...that fixed it! What a clot i am!! I tried everything else bar that! Time for one of these i think.....
:blondmoment::imstupid

Well..thank you me aussie chum....for a moment there i thought this thing was fooked!

:thankyou::goodjob::thankssign: Cheers buddy...that's that sorted then!

Are looking forward to the new AFL season? Or should i ask..are their any stadiums still left standing..after the fires?!
:18: That happened to me once with a mod I had, can't recall which one it was but it had me utterly baffled till I found the cause online. And about a month later read it in the instructions :18:
Bit of blonde in us all at times I think.
Yeah looking forward to the footy. It's fun at the hospital too as myself and one of the patient/residents there go around getting the tips from the others.
The womans footy just started but it's really lame compared to the guys one. They generally have really low scores, this week 2 teams playing each other only kicked 1 goal each and another match they kicked 2 goals each. Mate they try and are fit but I can't stand watching it, its like watching high school kids play compared to the mens games. Some like it and good on em having a go but not for me.
Ha, yeah I think given our footy culture if there were fires headed for our Parliment House and the MCG and there was a choice, then say goodbye to Parliment House. Nah alls good mate. :thumbup:

Glad you got the problem sorted @Deaf Vaper, I got one of those, it's a cracking mod. I didn't know about the lock wattage setting. Lucky we have a @Tazz about lol.
:18: More like lucky I don't read the instructions.
I do it all the time with everything, skim through them, find something I can't do, blame the manufacturer, blame the place I got it from, then read the instructions or look up online and think :doh: I've done it again!

My problem is I've got so many tanks and mods that I forget just what each one does in terms of function. Not helped at all by the fact I can't read the silly little booklets and instructions without a high powered magnifier.

:18: That happened to me once with a mod I had, can't recall which one it was but it had me utterly baffled till I found the cause online. And about a month later read it in the instructions :18:
Bit of blonde in us all at times I think.
Yeah looking forward to the footy. It's fun at the hospital too as myself and one of the patient/residents there go around getting the tips from the others.
The womans footy just started but it's really lame compared to the guys one. They generally have really low scores, this week 2 teams playing each other only kicked 1 goal each and another match they kicked 2 goals each. Mate they try and are fit but I can't stand watching it, its like watching high school kids play compared to the mens games. Some like it and good on em having a go but not for me.
Ha, yeah I think given our footy culture if there were fires headed for our Parliment House and the MCG and there was a choice, then say goodbye to Parliment House. Nah alls good mate. :thumbup:

Oh jolly good....we can look forward to another mega season.....and the GIANTS will win this year..THEY WILL...THEY WILL...i tells ya! Oh look...a flying pig! ;)

The womens footy might not be as entertaining in the AFL...but the internatonal soccer ladies teams are fantastic. I watched the whole of the Women's World Cup tournament last year.....& they can give give as good as the chaps can. The US team..who won it last year....(again)...gee can they kick a ball around. In one game they absolutely mullered Thailand's ladies..with 13 to NIL! Ya don't see those sorta scores aften in the men's games! :18:

Anyhoo..thanks for the quick fix mate...the Tesla is working perfectly now! :)2:worship::2thumbsup:

Last edited:
Glad you got the problem sorted @Deaf Vaper, I got one of those, it's a cracking mod. I didn't know about the lock wattage setting. Lucky we have a @Tazz about lol.

Yeah..isn't it just......& we have to rely on the upside down people to fix our problems..oh lorks! :D

I love the punk designs of Teslas mods. My everydayer is the 85w chunky Punk mod....i use that with the venerable Nautilus original tank. I'd love to get the big 220w one day too.....and have myself a little family of punks! :18:

Last edited:
Yeah..isn't it just......we have to rely on the upside down people to fix our problem..oh lorks! :D

I love the punk designs of Teslas mods. My everydayer is the 85w chunky Punk mod....iuse that with the vernerable Naulitus original tank. I'd love to get the big 220w one day too.....and have myself a little family of punks! :18:
I have a couple of punk mech mods and two of the Teslas 120's but not the 220W. Lovely design. Great bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom