What's new

Voltage Confusion?!?!

Never seen one of those before but given the fact that it shows resistances between 1.5ohms and 5 ohms would indicate it is a bit out of date.

Any voltage or wattage is ok if you like it and if it does not burn out your coil or your wick. There are too many variables related to what the coil is made of , what it is in, how much airflow and thickness and sweetness of juice etc for a chart like that to be any use these days.

There is no danger to your device in upping the power, if you do not like it or if it burns your coil/wick (highly unlikely at 10w) then turn it down.

http://www.steam-engine.org can help you calculate and understand how the various settings alter when each of the variables are changed.

Given the voltage and resistance you can work ot the wattage ie. volts squared divided by resistance gives watts.
Other simple ohms law eqations do not work as simply because of the electrickery stuff that goes on inside regulated mods.

This is for Ryans benefit, i am sure you know this Tooting

I must admit I didn't think there would be that much difference between mech/reg etc. I assumed ohms law was gospel, and while regulated may have the ability to boost or retard power, plus various levels of circuit efficiency etc. I thought the law was the law (Judge Dredd).

Every day is a school day :) To be honest I don't tend to get too technical, and probably why I don't tend to offer much tech advice. Nearly 3.years vaping, and I still haven't had a major incident, though I try not to be complacent.
Given the voltage and resistance you can work ot the wattage ie. volts squared divided by resistance gives watts.
Other simple ohms law eqations do not work as simply because of the electrickery stuff that goes on inside regulated mods.

This is for Ryans benefit, i am sure you know this Tooting

I must admit I didn't think there would be that much difference between mech/reg etc. I assumed ohms law was gospel, and while regulated may have the ability to boost or retard power, plus various levels of circuit efficiency etc. I thought the law was the law (Judge Dredd).

Every day is a school day :) To be honest I don't tend to get too technical, and probably why I don't tend to offer much tech advice. Nearly 3.years vaping, and I still haven't had a major incident, though I try not to be complacent.

Ohms law is gospel it is just that unlike a mech a regulated device is a complicated circuit so more info is required to work out what is going on and that is all beyond me.

i believe the sums we did were correct but if for example we wanted to work out the amp draw on the battery we do not have enough info to work it out the normal way of dividing the volts by the resistance because in a regulated the volts to the coil are not necessarily the same as the volts to the coil because of the above mentioned magic that goes on inside regulated devices.

I do not need to know this stuff as i only use mechs but if you want to know more
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...lating-amp-load-using-a-regulated-mod.128294/

Back
Top Bottom