What's new

Vaping pure nic shots Vs 18mg flavourless

Galen

Initiate
Hi all,

New member here so apologies if my question is too forward or if I've missed some forum procedure. I've had a quick search of the forum and couldn't find anything exactly like what I'm asking.

First I'll say that I probably have weird tastes, every vaper friend or acquaintance has been shocked at my habits but they work for me so I'm happy with them.

I've been vaping for a couple years on rubbish stick devices that constantly leak or a pain in the neck to refill and I've recently upgraded to the Uwell Nunchaku which I really dig and is working out well for me.

Also my favourite (tobacco) juice was becoming harder to find so I'm trying out a few flavourless juices at varying strengths from a new vendor.

This is what shocks my friends, I don't like any flavour, no fruit, no cake, no sweetness. I've also been vaping at 18mg. The shop I bought the Nunchaku from made a mistake and said I should get high PG for the sub ohm device (research shows that it should be high VG) either way I got some high PG 18mg flavourless and I actually really like it. I know people might think it leaks but it doesn't really, it's miles better than the old stick devices). Also I prefer that it doesn't make huge clouds, I just don't really care for them especially when I'm vaping on the sly inside buildings.

The vendor I buy the flavourless juice from also sells high VG nic shots at 18mg/ml but they state that these are not suitable for vaping and need to be added to a shortfall bottle. I bought a few of these and some high VG flavourless to mix and try but naturally you need add the 10ml (I know this isn't shortfall) bottles 1:1 to even get a 9mg strength.

I don't really understand why the 18mg/ml nic shot isn't suitable for vaping by itself but the 18mg/ml flavourless is? Surely they are exactly the same nic strength wise, just the pg VG ratio is different.

If anyone with more experience could shed some light on this then it would be greatly appreciated.

Again apologies for the life story or if I've broken any forum rules.

Welcome @Galen :)

Nic shots are just nic in VG or PG, or some combination, like you state. There’s no reason why you can’t vape it as it is. Most people would find 18mg too much in a device like the Nunchaku, but if it works for you, carry on :2thumbsup:

They are the same thing, nic shots are just 18mg flavourless liquid re-branded/re-invented as 'nic shots' when short fill bottles came along, you can indeed vape them as they are and you can buy them in various PG/VG ratios.

Much appreciated @Leni and @Simon G , I did think it was strange, I've emailed the vendor to find out why they have that warning on the nic shot page. I'll probably be moving down to 16 or 12 in future but I find anything less than that doesn't give a good enough throat hit/nicotine feeling!

Much appreciated @Leni and @Simon G , I did think it was strange, I've emailed the vendor to find out why they have that warning on the nic shot page. I'll probably be moving down to 16 or 12 in future but I find anything less than that doesn't give a good enough throat hit/nicotine feeling!

It's more likely that the warning is just to protect the company, should someone mistakenly put it into a cloud chuck device and overdose on nicotine, leading to dizzyness and feeling sick.

I've never vaped pure vg, but it is known to have a sweetness to it. Be interesting to see if you like it, given that you don't like sweetness.

There's also more to throat hit than just nic strength. PG plays a role and so does the tank you're using, the chamber & chimney design and also coil height in a rebuildable, to name a few. Something to think about in the future on your vaping journey, should you want to lower the nic. At the end of the day, it's about what works for you.

Hi @Toastie thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what a cloud chuck device is!

I think I am leaning toward high PG as my preference anyway, I thought I'd try the HVG though as it was recommended for my device. I believe the Nic shot is HVG rather than pure VG.

I don't think I'll be going down the route of rebuildable coils any time soon. My main motivation for getting a Nunchaku (or a mod in general) was based on ease of use and longevity. I also wanted something I could replace parts of rather than shelling out for a couple of full starter kits every year. The multivapes I had lasted about a year as a pair, that is buying two starter kits so I'd always have a battery on the go. The coils lasted ages, like over a month but the tank just began to leak over time, I think I had the window taped up for about 3-4 months before I decided to upgrade. The Blu device I had over a year ago was just a total rip off, you had to buy a coil and tank as a unit for £4-5 and they would last about a day and a half.

Luckily the coil on my Nunchaku lasted over a month vaping the high PG! So I'm definitely convinced it was a good purchase.

Welcome - Your not the only one with weird tastes on here, there are a few.

I think I am leaning toward high PG as my preference anyway, I thought I'd try the HVG though as it was recommended for my device. I believe the Nic shot is HVG rather than pure VG.

I don't think I'll be going down the route of rebuildable coils any time soon. My main motivation for getting a Nunchaku (or a mod in general) was based on ease of use and longevity. I also wanted something I could replace parts of rather than shelling out for a couple of full starter kits every year. The multivapes I had lasted about a year as a pair, that is buying two starter kits so I'd always have a battery on the go. The coils lasted ages, like over a month but the tank just began to leak over time, I think I had the window taped up for about 3-4 months before I decided to upgrade. The Blu device I had over a year ago was just a total rip off, you had to buy a coil and tank as a unit for £4-5 and they would last about a day and a half.

Luckily the coil on my Nunchaku lasted over a month vaping the high PG! So I'm definitely convinced it was a good purchase.
Have a look at the price of a box of 20 [emoji6]
https://www.darkstarvapour.co.uk/shop/nicotine-shots/18mg-nicotine-shots-10ml

Cloud chuckers are generally tanks or drippers with low ohm coils, lots or airflow, used at higher wattages, producing lots of vapour, very quickly. They are commonly used with 3mg nic, due to the sheer volume of vape being produced. They are inhaled direct into the lungs, not into the mouth first.

Makes sense that your coil lasted a while, due to having no flavours and the lack of vg.

Back
Top Bottom