What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

uncomfortable back of throat

im still worried about sucking on a dry coil tho but hay thats what happens when your new to vaping, as long as it doesnt lead to long term damage im happy and i have learnt my lesson
I’m new to vaping and it’s not happened to me as you take certain precautions like before putting in a new coil put some juice on it kind of prime it..once coil is in the tank leave for 20 minuets to soak up the liquid and off you go..if unsure don’t inhale first few draws..

Damn im really scared now big time, think i may stop vaping

When i noticed the change there was liquid in it so the cotton was dry at all

Heya Robert.

Nothing to be scared mate...it's what everybody has mentioned..you've just burnt your coil out. I'm also new to this too...and have just changed my very first coil a couple of days ago, after getting a good three weeks out of it. I'd heard of the dreaded dry hit before beginning vaping, but didn't know what to expect until it actually happened...and I can tell you as a newbie.... it's absolutely rank! The flavour reduces, you get less vapour when the coil is on it's way out...and the throat feels like it's been scorched...not nice at all. Sounds like you been continuing to vape with knackered coil, hence your symptoms. I changed mine straightaway & gave the tank a good clean out too...& I'm perfectly fine again...no sore throat.

I make sure i don't run my tank down to empty, and after changing a coil, aloow 5-10 mins for the juice to soak in before vaping....and finally cleanliness...I clean my tanks out regularly, especially when switching to a new juice, as I've found some juices can 'bleed through' into a new juice.

So don't fret mate...just a rookie mistake....and I've made several myself already! It's all part and parcel of getting familiarized with the new tech!

Stick with..you'll get the hang of it.

I think this might be an advantage to rebuildable tanks. You don’t really get this happening with them. At least I don’t, I put a new coil and wick maybe once a week and only ever get a very mild dry or burnt hit if I forget to open the juice control or accidentally vape the tank completely dry.

a burnt out coil can have the same effect as a dry hit at any time even with a full tank. if a coil is going to burn out its not going to wait for you to finish your tank first.
some will lose flavor first and then burn, others on occasions can burn on the next inhale without any notice.

Thanks im just a bit OCD about these things, especially when its my lungs or throat at risk of perm damage

Im vaping atm im taking DTL hits and when i exhale it tastes better but i still have a sore throat so cant really taste the flavour but i know its there

Am i right in saying i would know if i exhale that i get a dry hit as it would taste utter rank?

Back
Top Bottom