What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

uncomfortable back of throat

Damn im really scared now big time, think i may stop vaping

When i noticed the change there was liquid in it so the cotton was dry at all

Why are you scared - have you read what we have written?

What you needed to do was change the coil when you noticed the change. If you do that, you’ll not get a burnt taste or a sore throat.

weve all had the dry hits and im still here after 3 years.

remember its still 95% safer than smoking.

i wasnt trying to scare you at all but ive replied to a couple of people in the last 3 years that kept vaping for around 5 days before they joined the forum and asked the question.
they had no idea the coil needed changing and just kept going with the burnt throat.

Even when i changed the coil and e liquid i still noticed it and now scared that messed up my throat/lungs

But then i got the innokin oceanus and when i exhale on that its perfect, get the full flavour

I dont like DTL as you cant inhale in mouth and taste the flavour

reason. the first time you get the burnt hit you stop straight away. if you vaped on even a few more times the juice that was in the tank will also have the burnt taste mixed with the juice.
remember next time if you get a burnt hit, dump the juice, clean the tank out under warm water. dry and then screw the new coil into the base. drip a few drops on each hole where you can see cotton around the coil, connect to tank and fill up.
a couple of sucks without pressing the fire button then turn on and vape.

just re read your first post again.
so youve been to your gp and given the all clear so stop worrying.
dry hits are not nice at all but its not long term.
my last dry hit was at 60watts but you learn how to stop straight away without taking a full inhale.

think of it like this.
you have a cup of tea or coffee but forget to put milk in so its boiling water. your throat will be soar for a while and then it will settle. you will then always remember to check you have milk in.

just like vaping. youve had the dry hit and its not nice. you will remember next time as soon as you get that taste again you will stop immediately and change the coil.

After you put in a new coil and have primed it a bit by sucking without firing - pulling more juice into the wicking let it sit for 15-20 mins after you fill the tank and use all the great advice here.

just re read your first post again.
so youve been to your gp and given the all clear so stop worrying.
dry hits are not nice at all but its not long term.
my last dry hit was at 60watts but you learn how to stop straight away without taking a full inhale.

think of it like this.
you have a cup of tea or coffee but forget to put milk in so its boiling water. your throat will be soar for a while and then it will settle. you will then always remember to check you have milk in.

just like vaping. youve had the dry hit and its not nice. you will remember next time as soon as you get that taste again you will stop immediately and change the coil.

a bit like lighting up the wrong end of fag and tasting burning filter, when you've done it once you remember quickly, even when pissed !

thanks guys all for your help really much appreciated

i have changed the coil and dumped the juice, primed the coil sucked a few times and i no longer get that burnt/dry hit when i exhale i can just about taste the flavour again

do you think i cant taste all of it because my throat is still sore?

your throat will have settled now. longest that it affected me was around 1 hour but i was using 50watts at the time.

if this is the first time youve changed the coil for the spare one in the box (look at the link above on second post) then it will not be the same coil.
you get 2 in a box
  • 1 x Prism T20S Tank (0.8ohm)
  • 1 x Spare Prism S Coil (1.5 ohm)
the spare is a 1.5 coil so will need lower wattage compared to the 0.8

The EZ.Watt is a great start to use mainly for mouth to lung vaping with a spare Prism S Coil (1.5 ohm). If you want to dabble into sub ohming you can by simply cycling through three optimized wattage levels (13-14, 15-18, and for sub ohming 30-35) indicated by a three-color LED light. Please make sure you have the preinstalled 0.8ohm coil in the tank before using the sub ohm option.

so you need to set the wattage to the 13-14w for the 1.5 coil

the 0.8 which i guess was the one it came with in the tank is a sub ohm coil so that would run at 30-35watts

Back
Top Bottom