What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

Sure ... when cleaning tanks, the deck and coils go in too. After a couple of cycles, you can dry burn and brush them. Alternatively, rinse, dry burn and brush first, then stick them in for a couple of cycles so the waves can get into more complex wires like SFCs and aliens.

I wouldn't say that it brings up the wires like new but certainly nice and clean for reuse. Straight wire builds are easy and cheap enough to replace often, but I can get months and months of usable life from well-made, complex wires.

See this is where I think the US cleaners come into their own - if they are truly widely utilisable, they are a great addition to a vaper's arsenal. They're also so cheap now.

1. Mixing the longer steep juices
2. Tank and deck cleaning
3. Coil 'refurb' for complex builds
4. Household stuff

Straight wire builds are indeed not really worth the effort, but on another thread I was seeing three excellent nichrome wire builds sold for £21 for 3 pairs - this would certainly bring the cost burden down in the long run!

My mum is happy as the US cleaner phenomenally restored a piece of jewellery that was entirely ruined and discoloured by a chemical cleaner!

Sure ... when cleaning tanks, the deck and coils go in too. After a couple of cycles, you can dry burn and brush them. Alternatively, rinse, dry burn and brush first, then stick them in for a couple of cycles so the waves can get into more complex wires like SFCs and aliens.

I wouldn't say that it brings up the wires like new but certainly nice and clean for reuse. Straight wire builds are easy and cheap enough to replace often, but I can get months and months of usable life from well-made, complex wires.

I may actually try to put some of the used stock replaceable wicked and built coils in just water and US blitz it to see what happens... I will report back! I imagine it may destroy the wicking medium... but we shall see... it may have some utility with the gunky TVF8 coils that are more tightly wicked.

(I expect disaster... but they're used anyway)

Not so disastrous after all...

Before for the first 2 pics. 20mins of US then the after pic.

Will report back on how they taste.
20170712_134346.jpg
20170712_134503.jpg
20170712_134615.jpg
20170712_143831.jpg

Good results. :)

I don't use premade coils but I do rebuild Kanger Subtank coils for a friend. I tear them down completely, recoil and rewick them, I'd never try cleaning up a wick.

Good results. :)

I don't use premade coils but I do rebuild Kanger Subtank coils for a friend. I tear them down completely, recoil and rewick them, I'd never try cleaning up a wick.
Tbh I kinda have to agree with you. I rebuild my stuff and use RTA's. I just wanted to see if it worked and see how it went in terms of taste.

I just did it on my dad's kanger subohm coils and it worked really well.

I would imagine it would work best before the coil got particularly gunky and charred...

So by way of update...

It DOES extend stock premade coils... slightly. But probs not the best. Works best cleaning half used ones.

It does quicken steeping... have an order in today and have made them up... currently blitzing with US!
20170718_143338.jpg

Back
Top Bottom