What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ultrasonic cleaners.

Something you'll never regret getting. Brilliant things.

They really do clean well. And it is shocking what comes off of tanks that don't look dirty. Yikes
Yeah including paint.....I had a tank that looked as if it was anodised colour, got a shock when it came out of the cleaner shining SS

Excellent visual effect with the before and after shots. I'm seriously thinking about getting one now.
Does anyone use an ultrasonic cleaner for accelerated steeping of DIY juices ? Also does anyone have any recommendations for ultrasonic cleaners ?

Anyone know some good places to pick one of these up. I remember Aldi where selling them at one point?

My two cents is you'll not regret buying one , i picked up a cheap none heated one from ebay , 15 quid, pop hot tap water up to the fill line and for very dirty tanks or strong flavours add a drop of washing up liquid, everything comes out sparkling, be warned though it can take paint off your tanks

I got one from Aldi a few years back for cleaning motorbike carb and jets, naturally got it out for tanks when I started vaping, drop of washing up liquid and warm water works a treat for me too

Just bought one from Amazon on Prime Day there - and it's brilliant. Cleaned all the family jewellery too! :P

It does help mix the juices well too - even ones that have been steeping (mid-steep of custards etc)
Would advise adding hotter water though vs cold
Tanks are immaculate - it really works well

MY QUESTION would be however - has anyone used them with used coil wires? I wonder would they reinvigorate used charred coils... not that it's a big worry as coils are so cheap when you're building, but still I would be very interested. But I know that people buy very expensive Ni wire - and it might benefit ones like those?

Has anyone tried this?

MY QUESTION would be however - has anyone used them with used coil wires? I wonder would they reinvigorate used charred coils... not that it's a big worry as coils are so cheap when you're building, but still I would be very interested. But I know that people buy very expensive Ni wire - and it might benefit ones like those?

Has anyone tried this?
Sure ... when cleaning tanks, the deck and coils go in too. After a couple of cycles, you can dry burn and brush them. Alternatively, rinse, dry burn and brush first, then stick them in for a couple of cycles so the waves can get into more complex wires like SFCs and aliens.

I wouldn't say that it brings up the wires like new but certainly nice and clean for reuse. Straight wire builds are easy and cheap enough to replace often, but I can get months and months of usable life from well-made, complex wires.

Back
Top Bottom