What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

I'm not too keen on those ultrasonic cleaners. Maybe I have a rubbish ultrasonic cleaner or I can't use it but get a better results with warm water and old toothbrush and it's quicker.

You have to be very cautious with any item that has a painted on finish ... for example the green glass in the above shots. A lot of glass has not in fact been tinted but has a film of colour on the outside. The ultrasonic vibrations will strip it off very efficiently. Same goes for paint on cheap clone atties, also for the expensive, non-reflective finish applied to spectacle lenses.

O-rings are not a problem at all, though it can't clean under the o-ring where it's in contact with the atty. For the best results it makes sense to tear down completely and rebuild/reassemble afterwards ... but for normal cleaning purposes you can leave o-rings and grub screws in place. Loose grub screws can become unscrewed by the vibrations and fall out, so always check the water for tiny items before you throw it down the sink.

What it's really good at is cleaning complex coils, like fused claptons for example.

Actually, the most pleasing result I got was from a manky can opener ... you know how grubby they get and how hard it is to clean them up? It came up like new!

Very good advice thank you for sharing your experience & advice with us, I got one a few weeks ago and it is so easy to use with great results so now i will leave the coils in as well :) cheers scrumpox:clapping:

I use steredent to clean my tanks and they come out spotless, even the coils lol

Don't know if it's a must have but I can recommend it for sure. Just get a one with a heating option.

They really do clean well. And it is shocking what comes off of tanks that don't look dirty. Yikes

Hi there.
Brand new member, but long time vaper.
Firstly excellent post on the ultrasonic cleaner - for cleaning my tanks and rebuildables its worth it alone.

I mix my own juice and have done for some time, normally multiple test liquids as I always like a new flavour. But also when I find a good one make larger batches, currently 250/500ml a time in pharmaceutical grade opaque plastic bottles which I sell to friends.

Steeping a large batch of different testers or 4 or 5 larger bottles over 2-3 weeks (mainly make fruit and sweet mixes) wihich involves airing and shaking twice a day and short blasts in the microwave really tests the patience, been thinking about a ultrasonic to speed up the steeping, and everything I have read sounds like why would I not do that!
Any advice on a good one and the times needed would be most welcome, also are they safe on the aforementioned plastic bottles (testers are in smaller glass pipettes bottles).
Thanks in advance for any feedback

There was me thinking I already had everything I need.
Off to browse ultrasonic cleaners now

I've been doubting if I should buy one. I've always been using a toothbrush and really don't understand why I should give out money for smth extra

Back
Top Bottom