What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ultrasonic cleaners.

20190130_195241.jpg

I think the test is to put a piece of cooking foil in the cleaner, run it and see if holes appear in the foil - it is, do a search for 'sonic cleaner foil test'

I was surprised when I cleaned my Oumier VLS on Sunday and the coils came out really clean. Vaping Vanilla Custard so quite a sweet liquid.

So after a dry burn then bath, the coils came out lovely but the posts on the deck and the screws (I took them out and placed them in the basket) are still burnt/dirty.

Tried with a little piece of foil and it had some dents on it but it didn't break through it like in the YouTube videos.

Still can't decide wether it's faulty or I was just expecting too much.

Are you using just water ? Put some washing up liquid in it as well .
What type of cleaner are you using ? Mine will strip paint off tanks and would easily clean those coils

Are you using just water ? Put some washing up liquid in it as well .
What type of cleaner are you using ? Mine will strip paint off tanks and would easily clean those coils
Yeah I've tried a few drops of dish soap but still nothing.

It's exactly the same as the Coil Master one, just a different brand.

Thats the model I've got and mine will put holes in tinfoil after a couple of cycles. Are you using the basket? Apparently its not just something to put your stuff in, it is integral to the way it works.
Yeah, I'm using the basket.

I'll have another play with it tonight after work but I've contacted the seller and told them it doesn't seem to perform as it should, hopefully I'll get a replacement which works!

Yeah, I'm using the basket.

I'll have another play with it tonight after work but I've contacted the seller and told them it doesn't seem to perform as it should, hopefully I'll get a replacement which works!
I think you're expecting way too much from it tbh, it's a mostly gentle process that removes crap in hard to reach places on jewellery, it'll certainly not clean janky coils or baked on residue, you'll need to dry burn your coils and scrub the baked on residue off with something appropriate to the job.

I got my ultrasonic for under £20 from Aldi over 3 years ago, so a cheap one - I've never used the basket (an atty broken down and placed in the water, and the individual parts will spin around due to the ultrasonic waves - put a couple of small parts in yours and see if they spin?) I use hot, not boiling, water and a few drops of fairy - my machine allows a maximum cycle of 600 seconds and I generally do one cycle for vape gear as it comes out spotless. The stuff I'm putting in is pretty clean to begin with but it cleans threads etc much better than manually doing it - I always lubricate orings thoroughly with eliquid after an ultrasonic clean too as they get pretty dry, helps everything go back together/operate as it should.

Back
Top Bottom