What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

@32bitlord - I have an identical one (looks the same anyway), £20 off ebay a year or so ago - 8 quid now! Originally bought to clean air rifle pellets before I started buying better ones for the postal competitions I shoot in. Will have to see how well it does/lasts when cleaning coils, etc. - when I get in to doing my own builds.

Do you have a link for the 8 quid cleaner?

After trying a few different coils I am now in favour of effort vs reward on US cleaning stock coils, I don't know if it's the way they wick them but 2 of my Smok coils have lasted longer than from new, I suspect the cleaning process has perhaps loosened the cotton a little, though I cannot visually see any difference between reclaimed and new.

My Vapbus coils are lasting ridiculously long, had 1 in over 3 weeks now and no signs of it dropping off flavour, but to be fair I tend to use thinner juices in that tank and vape less (still a few times a day).

I think I did mention before, you do need a few long cycles and I reluctantly ended up having to add a couple of drops of washing up liquid, follow by 2 more pure water cycles to clear the washing up liquid (if that made sense).

You know when you are getting somewhere when you see gunk forming or dirty water, I saw nothing on the first 3 cycles.

@sircumsized - the ebay link in Zwara's post #105 took me to the £8 cleaner, it now is unavailable so was perhaps the last few in that 'auction'. Best I can find that is available now is this one at £16.69 - looks identical to the one I have.

tried one from lidle once .. dint work put the wife's jewellery in came out the same after an hr

tried one from lidle once .. dint work put the wife's jewellery in came out the same after an hr

They're certainly cheap, hopefully not too nasty. I've not tried a gunky coil yet as I don't have any, it may not make a dent. For easy cleaning of small parts that are just oily or lightly dirty it seems to do the job - YMMV.

I always use cold water in my cheapo cleaner as I think its 'thicker' and does a better job - wrong! (probably). I searched for 'sonic cleaner warm or cold water' and found this site/page - http://www.cleanosonic.com/the-ultrasonic-cleaner-faq/ - seems warm/hot water and cleaning solution are the best solution :-) Lots of other useful info possibly, I haven't looked further than the faq page.

I always use cold water in my cheapo cleaner as I think its 'thicker' and does a better job - wrong! (probably). I searched for 'sonic cleaner warm or cold water' and found this site/page - http://www.cleanosonic.com/the-ultrasonic-cleaner-faq/ - seems warm/hot water and cleaning solution are the best solution :-) Lots of other useful info possibly, I haven't looked further than the faq page.
So not the water that was thicker then? :P Kidding.. not being mean :)

Back
Top Bottom