What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners.

I haven't tried steeping with one but cleaning atomisers...

I got a free Lidl one my mum wasn't using so I tried cleaning up some 'expired' premade atomisers, leaving them to dry out for a few days but will let you know if it works.

I had to put them through at least 4 long cycles before I started to see gunk come out.

The water was pretty grotty and I also used some Home Bargains mini teeth brushes (the floss replacement type) which had different diameters which were perfect to scrub the inner coils and only 69p a pack of 6!

They all look like new inside and out but the proof of the pudding is when I test them, I use RBA decks now so I have nothing to loose by trying.

Top article :D thanks OP, I was undecided between buying one or not, but after a few minutes researching I am already looking for one on Ebay, it has so many uses other than just cleaning vaping material, it's a great thing.

thanks for all

I've tried one of the atomisers I cleaned (aspire Cleito) which I had used for about a week and was flavourless plus dry hits.

Primed it up, filled the tank and so far as good as new and great flavour in 80/20 Vape Avenue L P Crust juice, got through 1 tank full so far and no dry hits.

I will keep you posted about it's lifespan and any others I try.

Jury is still out but it does appear the Ultrasonic Cleaner was worth every penny (I got it free).

Hello guys :D how are you ?

Passed by to say that I bought this ultrasonic clearner and it works pretty well.

I must mention I don't have nothing to do with the seller I am not promoting any seller AND YOU BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I am just sharing it because it's cheap and works well if any MOD finds it illegal please feel free to delete the post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floureon-600ml-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Timer-Jewellery-Watch-Professional-Cleaning-UK/262743151423?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I already cleaned all my atty's I must say they look like new, and I also cleaned some coils and yup they come out pretty and clean.

here is a teaser now of my last home made coil. this is my 1st attempt of an interlock coil, this coil requires a heavy work machinery and also requires to be cleaned with a ultrasound that's how she was ... not perfect but clean

Attachments

• IMG_5718.JPG
    IMG_5718.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5719.JPG
    IMG_5719.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_5720.JPG
    IMG_5720.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5722.JPG
    IMG_5722.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Update on my trials, the Cleito is still going strong.

I just tried a Smok q4 0.4ohm coil in my Big Baby and it's perfect - I am gutted as it tastes better than my best RBA build! - back to the drawing board on RBA lessons :(
(again I will let you know it's 2nd lifespan)

All my reclaimed US cleaned atomisers have been drying out near a radiator for over a week.

I bought a Floureon ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon mid 2016. It seems to be identical in every way to the coil master cleaner as well as many other rebranded cleaners out there that seem to all be manufactured in the same Chinese factory.
At first it was okay, a little underpowered compared to the one I bought later on but it did the job.
After about 4 months I noticed that the water was no longer rippling like it did at first and it only hummed instead of the ticking sound that it used to have. My concerns were confirmed and it had unfortunately crapped out.
Although it was only about £25 I wouldn’t personally recommend it to any other users. It is still available on Amazon though.
I can’t say whether i just had a bad unit but I’d be weary about this or any other rebranded versions as they aren’t the best quality.
If you intend on using it long into the future I’d reccomend buying one of the larger units intended for commercial use. You can pick them up for about £75 but they are much larger & noisier. They are much, much better though and have nice long timers unlike the coil masters which have very short timers.
I may just of got unlucky but wanted to warn others just in case.

IMG_0188.JPG

@32bitlord - I have an identical one (looks the same anyway), £20 off ebay a year or so ago - 8 quid now! Originally bought to clean air rifle pellets before I started buying better ones for the postal competitions I shoot in. Will have to see how well it does/lasts when cleaning coils, etc. - when I get in to doing my own builds.

@32bitlord - I have an identical one (looks the same anyway), £20 off ebay a year or so ago - 8 quid now! Originally bought to clean air rifle pellets before I started buying better ones for the postal competitions I shoot in. Will have to see how well it does/lasts when cleaning coils, etc. - when I get in to doing my own builds.

When I first bought it you could feel it tingling when you dipped your finger in. I didn’t realise it was broken for quite a while until I noticed that it no longer did this. The timer on it was also very short which I found strange for a low powered cleaner and I had to press reset several times for a basic clean. Perhaps this is why it burnt out.
The one I bought after is much larger and noisier however you can feel a huge difference when you dip your finger in. It also has a much longer timer which is more convenient. Perhaps the timer was so short to protect it from damaging with it being a cheaper unit.
I could of just had a dodgy unit perhaps but based on my experience it’s not something I could recommend

Back
Top Bottom