What's new

Travelling with e-liquid help!

NI Vaper

Initiate
I'm moving to Spain tomorrow and I want to transport my vape and some e-liquid to get me started. I know all the restrictions about putting the vape in my hold luggage so I'm OK with that. I'm less clear about e-liquid as there information on it is more limited. I'm not taking any of it in my hand luggage and I'm going to put it in my checked/hold luggage. There is probably less than 100ml in various bottles. What I'm worried about is there are a couple of new plastic squeezy 10ml bottles which haven't been opened yet. There's also a glass self mix bottle. Will the air pressure in the plane cause these to burst or anything? Don't want that stuff leaking all over my clothes even though it doesn't really stain.

Will my e-liquid be safe from damage and security in the hold?

No. All mods, batteries, juice has to go in hand luggage and juice in clear plastic sealable bag through security. Tanks will leak and a risk that plastic bottles will as well. I cover tip with selophane and then screw tight.
Always best to check your carrier as rules can change overnight.

I'm not sure about this but I don't think there's nothing stopping you from putting liquid in the hold just the same as you'd put other liquids in your case.

The only thing they stipulate is that your batteries or mods with lipo batteries goes in your hand luggage.

cheers

Gaz

Thanks for the replies lads. I would rather avoid putting any liquid in my hand baggage purely because I have a lot of my tech stuff in it like tablet, laptop and speakers. I've sealed my liquids up in a bag with newspaper around them in the case of a leakage. They're also isolated in a different pocket to the rest of my luggage. I honestly can't see it being a major issue even if some of them do leak. As said above they do seem to come under the usual liquid rules. My main paranoia is that they're unusual items and I have an ungrounded fear they'd be confiscated or something. I want my luggage to arrive in Spain as I am moving a lot of my stuff there! I think I will be OK all the same. I will ask at the check in desk tomorrow morning just to be on the safe side.

I travel to Greece a few times each summer, always take the bulk of my juice in hold luggage, no leakage issues, I always put it in sealed freezer bags, as far as I can determine that is ok. The only thing that would concern me about your plan is to ask the check in desk, that may lead to more questions and investigation that is unnecessary.

I travel to Greece a few times each summer, always take the bulk of my juice in hold luggage, no leakage issues, I always put it in sealed freezer bags, as far as I can determine that is ok. The only thing that would concern me about your plan is to ask the check in desk, that may lead to more questions and investigation that is unnecessary.
Cheers. Good point. People travel with e-liquid all the time it's not as if they will have never encountered it before. It's not like it's massively different to any other type of liquid either. I think I'll just check my bag in and relax.

I'm off to Oz on Saturday and will have my mods in my hand luggage, but will be putting the juice in my hold baggage.

Yes, bulk juice in hold luggage. Cabin is pressurised, not the hold.
Batteries always in cabin.
As for Oz, do your research - they have strange laws about vaping and especially about nicotine.

Yes, bulk juice in hold luggage. Cabin is pressurised, not the hold.
Batteries always in cabin.
As for Oz, do your research - they have strange laws about vaping and especially about nicotine.
Been checking out the laws in Oz.
They can't sell any nicotine or nicotine containing products, but you can import nicotine for personal use.
Most of the juice that I'll be taking will be nic free anyway.

Only getting back online now. Had no problems with the juice in the hold. Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom